Help support TMP

"Renaissance Knights 2 Kickstarter ..." Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Renaissance Discussion Message Board

Back to the Crowdfunding Message Board

675 hits since 8 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

GamesPoet Supporting Member of TMP08 Mar 2017 12:59 p.m. PST

By Steel Fist Miniatures …

link

Puster Supporting Member of TMP08 Mar 2017 3:32 p.m. PST

Good catch.

Not the cheapest Gensdarmes on the market – far from it – but worth the price for sculpting, research and casting quality. Just imho, of course. I am in again.

GamesPoet Supporting Member of TMP09 Mar 2017 7:57 p.m. PST

Yes, these seem top notch, and worth the price. Gorgeous!

twodegree10 Mar 2017 1:24 p.m. PST

I made a pledge. These are very nice. I have the gendarmes from the previous kickstarter. With all the different head and plume options you get, you can come up with a lot of unique combinations. I hope Oliver comes up with new mounted mercenary commanders and landsknecht characters as well.

Tactical Bacon12 Mar 2017 3:46 p.m. PST

I've had an interest in modelling the French army under the Valois for a while now. Would these be appropriate for some (Francis I preferably) period units, French or otherwise?

And any suggestions for uniform plates? The only source I currently have is the reprint of Marbot/Noirmont's LES UNIFORMES DE L'ARMEE FRANCAISE DE 1439 1815.

Puster Supporting Member of TMP12 Mar 2017 3:48 p.m. PST

Take a look at TAGs line of the 1544 Valois (and Tudor) lines before you jump into scultping.

Tactical Bacon13 Mar 2017 4:33 a.m. PST

Thanks for the suggestion.

Plus I was talking about the minis in the above KS, not doing my own sculpting :)

Puster Supporting Member of TMP14 Mar 2017 1:10 a.m. PST

Oh :-)

These would work fine for the richer Gensdarmes and characters, though in 1544 horse barding is already uncommon to atypical. I assume the gain in protection was no longer worth the cost and effort. Most of the armour is afaik based upon German and Italic examples, but as these were at the time the best artisans their armour would find its way to nobles all around Europe.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.