Help support TMP

"Noblek Night and the lack of counting" Topic

20 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

855 hits since 2 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 8:24 a.m. PST

I've commented before about their lack of packing painted items and their bad descriptions of items on eBay.

This time I would like to comment on their inability to count.

I picked up 12 bags of pico armor, with 50 pieces each…( at least that is what the bags and the auction said.

Well I finally had a chance to look over things and I've discovered that every bag has exactly 49 items. No more no less. It might have been a mistake with one pack or two but every pack? And I highly doubt that this only happened to me.

12 figs might not sounds like a lot, but who knows if this happens to every one?

Buyer beware.. or at least count what you get as soon as you get it.

My $.02 USD
Moe

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 8:28 a.m. PST

I did mean Noble Knight in the title of course.

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 8:30 a.m. PST

Was the Pico armor factory packaged, or something NK put together?

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 8:35 a.m. PST

Something the did. It had their label and bar code on each pack. Which included their name. I've purchased items direct from Pico and these were not from them.

VCarter Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 8:42 a.m. PST

Sorry this has happened to you. As you said one bag short would be a disappointment, but all 12 is unacceptable.

Maybe the bag counted as one piece.

In any event, they should make it right.

I seem to recall something called a bakers dozen (actually 13 by count).

Whenever I sell anything, I always attempt to error on the side of the buyer. I know I would never complain if I got something extra.

Recently, I order some RalPartha colonials from Great Endeavors and in every order they have over delivered.

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 9:39 a.m. PST

Wow, that's nice. An extra would be great :-)

But one less is a pain…

I've reached out but to no avail so far.

rmaker02 Mar 2017 10:16 a.m. PST

Historifigs is another manufacturer that errs on the side of the customer.

Extrabio1947 Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 10:39 a.m. PST

I've thought about buying from Noble Knight via eBay, but now perhaps not. Shorting every bag sounds more purposeful than accidental to me, and that's a serious issue.

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 10:53 a.m. PST

Be careful if you buy anything painted. The last lot I bought was stuffed in a single bag.

Personal logo Coyotepunc and Hatshepsuut Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 11:22 a.m. PST

Rebel and BTD have always accomodated my requests for substitutions by including my requests in addition to, instead of replacing, the usual packs.

Personal logo nvdoyle Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 11:28 a.m. PST

Bought from and sold to Noble Knight for years, on eBay and off, never had a problem. That said, I've never bought painted stuff from them. But their service and packaging has always been excellent in my experience.

And yes, that shortage should be addressed.

The Beast Rampant02 Mar 2017 2:02 p.m. PST

That is indeed a strange omission, but I would go to them before airing grievances here. NK have always gone out of their way to make me happy, including factory mispacks.

I have ordered from them dozens of times, including their EBay store. In fact, I am expecting an order in tomorrow.

Personal logo Don Perrin Supporting Member of TMP02 Mar 2017 2:42 p.m. PST

I bet they took one of each out to photograph it, but forgot to put it back in the bag. Contact them and see what they can do.

nevinsrip Sponsoring Member of TMP03 Mar 2017 2:06 a.m. PST

I bought from them once and never again.

Joes Shop Supporting Member of TMP03 Mar 2017 6:14 a.m. PST

TBR: +1

VicCina Supporting Member of TMP03 Mar 2017 7:53 a.m. PST

I have noticed on some of their bulk figure auctions they are selling them by weight now not number count.

Dynaman878903 Mar 2017 1:39 p.m. PST

There are one of my top game suppliers. Never had a problem, one time I ordered a used game that they ended up not having in stock after all, so they let me have a shrink wrapped new one for the lower price of the used game.

altfritz03 Mar 2017 3:18 p.m. PST

The guy that does that packing is probably the lowest paid minion and people are getting what they paid for. And some people have no sense. I've had two different so-called Golden Demon winners send me painted figures I won in auctions. One packed the figures tight together like sardines in a tiny box, while the other used a huge box with a handful of popcorn chips thrown in. Care to guess how the figures arrived in each case?

goragrad04 Mar 2017 2:07 p.m. PST

Considering that the other day I saw quite a few blister packs of Minifigs listed by Noble Knight on Ebay as Heritage figures, I think they may have a bit of a problem with attention to detail.

Particularly as the listings that were labeled as Heritage included the photo of the Minfig pack in question and were intermingled with other listings for Minfig blisters that were correctly labeled.

That is probably best explained as a lack of attention when using a listing software, but is symptomatic.

Baranovich Supporting Member of TMP05 Mar 2017 8:18 a.m. PST

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I've bought quite a few things from Noble Knight, never had a single problem. Now, to be fair I've never bought anything pre-painted from him. But generally I'm not big on buying minis pre-painted, because of all the potential quality issues that have been articulated by others here.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.