Help support TMP

"Doms Decals - last time I will order from him" Topic

75 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

4,568 hits since 8 Feb 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pages: 1 2 

Khusrau08 Feb 2017 10:54 a.m. PST

Still nothing.. my order went in a month ago, and no response to emails.

I have 7 vehicles sitting on my workbench, waiting for decals.

If people want a timely order process, they might want to consider whether they deal with a different supplier for decals.

mollinary08 Feb 2017 11:03 a.m. PST

You may have missed the thread on this forum entitled 'Paging Dom of Dom's Decals'. I think it goes some way to explaining Dom's recent real world difficulties.

Mollinary

Prince Rupert of the Rhine08 Feb 2017 11:07 a.m. PST
Personal logo Texas Jack Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 11:12 a.m. PST

Since the OP took part in that discussion he probably knows about it. wink

Cacique Caribe08 Feb 2017 11:21 a.m. PST

Indeed!

Dom answered him (and the rest) on January 26 on that thread, but he acts like he's had no explanation all this time. :)

I'm sure Dom is doing the right thing and filling older orders first, not loudest first.

Dan

IggyRoo08 Feb 2017 11:34 a.m. PST

Never had an issue with him in my experience so wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Personal logo wrgmr1 Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 11:41 a.m. PST

Khusrau, what decals are you looking for, I have spares?
Doms a good guy, just had a few troubles lately.

Personal logo Waco Joe Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 11:59 a.m. PST

I am resigned that my order will either appear or it won't. Can anyone recommend a source of 1/144th scale WWI aircraft roundels?

fantasque08 Feb 2017 12:21 p.m. PST

I recommend Dom's Decals plus patience, some understanding and a touch of compassion.
I am confident you will all get your orders.
I am waiting on some RFC decals too but I know for a fact that they will arrive long before I exhaust my things to be painted pile.
If some of the recommended ingredients are not available then I'd look on ebay or Pendraken/Minibits for the UK. There are certainly several 1/144 sellers on UK Ebay. Can't say for the US.

Allen5708 Feb 2017 12:24 p.m. PST

I too recommend Dom. Be patient.

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 12:28 p.m. PST

Dom is a good chap and I would encourage folk to give him some slack. Dom is always positive and helpful. In addition he is a dealer honest enough to put his address on his website, as required by law. Many other traders hide by dishonestly hiding their physical address in order to avoid communication. Dom has not hidden at all, but been very forthcoming. i do sympathise with projects delayed but maybe we should treat him as a comrade?

Good luck to you Dom!

TGerritsen Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 12:52 p.m. PST

Dom's a good guy going through some troubles. I've never been shorted by him, and honestly he's always gone the extra distance to make things right. I have patience.

McKinstry Fezian08 Feb 2017 1:29 p.m. PST

I've dealt with Dom for years and never once has he failed to deliver.

I believe he is in the middle of internet provider misery and given time, he will make everything right.

Personal logo Doms Decals Sponsoring Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 1:57 p.m. PST

Thanks for the mostly kind words chaps – I am indeed depressingly behind the curve (and absolutely cursing email problems – it's never good reading "you haven't replied to my email" and looking at the reply in your sent items….) but still slogging on, sorry.

As I type I'm cursing my way through a badly oversized pile of reprints and stuffing the last few December envelopes and the beginning of last month's – a long way from where I want to be, but finally making inroads. With the rest of this week free, I'm hoping I'll be ploughing through the January backlog at some speed – many apologies that it's taken so long.

Cheers,
Dom.

sgt Dutch Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 2:26 p.m. PST

Dom you always provided great service to me. Also years back you helped with problem with warbases. You acted as a go between to solve the problem. Which in the end turned out to be my internet provider causing emails to disappear.
Take Care

Timmo uk08 Feb 2017 2:55 p.m. PST

I can only echo comments made here. Over the years Dom has proved to be a really great guy to deal with and to converse with on-line here. I think it's worth bearing in mind that we are exceptionally lucky to have suppliers like him who run these hobby based companies pretty much for the love of it. It's certainly not making him rich and there is nobody to pick up the slack for him when real world issues creep into life.

Be patient – they will come. The decals will be worth the wait and they are very reasonably priced.

Put those seven models away out of sight so they don't bug you and get on with something else for a bit. It's what I do when I get impatient with trying to get stuff finished.

Londonplod08 Feb 2017 3:40 p.m. PST

I have spare RFC decals from Dom that l will never use, should be enough to finish some of those models, free of charge.

Personal logo wrgmr1 Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 4:10 p.m. PST

Londonplod, if Khusrau doesn't want them I would gladly take the off your hands. I have an SE5 with no decals. I can trade or whatever. Pay postage for sure.

e mail t j m 1815 at outlook dot com

Mako11 Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 5:50 p.m. PST

Dom is a great guy, and I've always had good experiences with him.

He's a one-man show, like many in the hobby world, so patience is a virtue.

repaint08 Feb 2017 8:03 p.m. PST

Yep Domhas always provided me good service as well. Cut the guy some slack, he has filled more than his share of good will and trust.

Personal logo Schulein Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2017 10:59 p.m. PST

Great guy, and good service in the past.

dualer08 Feb 2017 11:56 p.m. PST

There are many ways to start a thread, this isn't one of them.

advocate09 Feb 2017 2:50 a.m. PST

+1 to all the good service comments.

Pedrobear Inactive Member09 Feb 2017 4:16 a.m. PST

Man's got a dancing banana as his icon. I'll wait.

Cambria562209 Feb 2017 5:06 a.m. PST

+1 dualer

JARROVIAN Supporting Member of TMP09 Feb 2017 5:08 a.m. PST

Dom's a good guy, I'm sure normal service will be resumed as soon as he is able.

Marc33594 Supporting Member of TMP09 Feb 2017 8:09 a.m. PST

I too have nothing but good things to say about Dom. The quality of his decals are first rate. Yes, he may get behind now and then but always comes through. And to be honest his prices are a steal.

Mike Target09 Feb 2017 9:53 a.m. PST

Doms decals are top notch. I'll agree that deivery was slow, but all that meant was that my Armoured Recce Squadron had to fight one extra battle with just plain green tanks…no hardship for plastic toys.

TonicNH09 Feb 2017 10:17 a.m. PST

+2 advocate

GatorDave Supporting Member of TMP09 Feb 2017 2:11 p.m. PST

+3

22ndFoot09 Feb 2017 5:06 p.m. PST

Dom is a thoroughly good egg and the decals are brilliant.

lloydthegamer Supporting Member of TMP09 Feb 2017 6:13 p.m. PST

Dom is good people, done business with him many times. Put in an order today cause I know it will be filled.

SaltyDog09 Feb 2017 11:06 p.m. PST

We should change the post title to Khusrau – Last time we will hear from him!

Personal logo Texas Jack Supporting Member of TMP10 Feb 2017 7:59 a.m. PST

Oh come on SaltyDog, that´s not cool. No one likes waiting for stuff, especially when the other side is not communicating, regardless of the reasons.

Clearly most of us here know Dom is a good guy and trust him, I do too and wouldn´t hesitate to order from him even now, but I can also see why the OP is a bit miffed.

Personal logo wrgmr1 Supporting Member of TMP10 Feb 2017 9:49 a.m. PST

+1 Texas Jack

SaltyDog10 Feb 2017 2:30 p.m. PST

OK… Point taken. My Bad. I was just trying to be funny, guess it wasn't.

Personal logo Texas Jack Supporting Member of TMP10 Feb 2017 8:15 p.m. PST

Spoken like a gentleman!

Personal logo wrgmr1 Supporting Member of TMP10 Feb 2017 9:41 p.m. PST

Well done SaltyD!

Hazza31B Supporting Member of TMP20 Feb 2017 2:56 p.m. PST

Any update Dom?
I ask on here as my emails go unanswered.

Pedrobear Inactive Member22 Feb 2017 6:44 a.m. PST

Ditto. :(

Hazza31B Supporting Member of TMP22 Feb 2017 9:35 p.m. PST

Dom if you read this can i get an update please.

Your order
Order no.: 5116
Customer no.: 5183
Order date: 25/01/2017

Personal logo Doms Decals Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Feb 2017 3:32 p.m. PST

Only just seen this, sorry – not on TMP very much lately. Hazza31B, yours is on the way now.

More generally, my email problems are finally resolved [it seems that someone on the same email server as me was spamming, and consequently a whole heap of my emails disappeared into the ether rather than getting delivered…. :-( ]

Consequently I'll be going back through the inbox redoing replies over the next few days – hopefully that'll get to you Pedrobear – I can't see a real name on your TMP profile, so I can't check up based on your post here, sorry.

Pedrobear Inactive Member26 Feb 2017 11:37 p.m. PST

Thanks, Dom. I only use the name Pedrobear on TMP – my order number if 5016.

I will email you again.

gbowen06 Mar 2017 12:10 p.m. PST

I have cancelled 5077 (10/1/17), please refund through PayPal

Hazza31B Supporting Member of TMP09 Mar 2017 10:08 p.m. PST

Still waiting. Glad i didnt need them or anything right.
Will not be ordering again.

Ewan Hoosami12 Mar 2017 11:51 p.m. PST

Seeing Doms so busy, is anyone here able to send me electronic copies of the decal application instructions. I have lost my copies that date back to 2008. I need copies for Escadrille N.3 and N.24, AFC no4, Jasta's 15, 19 & 37. I've emailed Dom direct but no reply. You can contact me direct on

Email adspirit@ncable.net.au

I have some Bloody April Anniversary events for Wings of Glory getting closer and I have a dozen planes ready to be repainted and have decals applied

Romano Inactive Member14 Mar 2017 8:51 a.m. PST

Hello,
I hope Dom is here and will read this. I don't have any information about my order:
Order no.: 4993
Customer no.: 5071
Order date: 05/12/2016
I sent him some e-mails but no response.

Khusrau15 Mar 2017 4:48 p.m. PST

Yep..still waiting.. and I have an email from him on 28 Feb saying he had posted them.

"yes they're en route – should be with you this week if the post's feeling efficient, next week if not.
Cheers,
Dom."

It's now 15 March. That's more than two weeks for mail in the UK. I'm not buying it. So yeah. Dom may well be a stand up guy, but this is not good enough. Give me an explanation, but don't make stuff up. It's clear there are people on here with orders that are two, three and four months old.

What is going on?

Hazza31B Supporting Member of TMP15 Mar 2017 7:18 p.m. PST

I would suggest recovering your money through paypal of possible.

Khusrau16 Mar 2017 2:11 a.m. PST

I don't actually care much about the money. It isn't a huge amount. The point being that after more than two months I have been unable to finish a project. I have hundreds of pounds/dollars of models that can't be finished and used.

Pages: 1 2