Help support TMP

"Suggestions for 15mm Modern India vs Pakistan?" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Modern Discussion (1946 to 2006) Message Board

Back to the Ultramodern Gaming (2006-present) Message Board

Back to the Modern Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the Modern What-If Message Board

Back to the Ultramodern Warfare (2006-present) Message Board

451 hits since 1 Feb 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

benglish Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2017 10:18 a.m. PST

Gents

Kicking around scales for modern India vs Pakistan. Doable in 6mm, I think, but I'm wondering if I could stick to 15mm rather than 20mm for smaller scale actions.

I know Elheim has some modern 20mm Indian forces, and some of their more generic middle east figures might work for Pakistan. Not sure about armor/IFVs in 20mm.

What about 15mm? Has anyone tried this? Are there figures that could sub-in for Indian or Pakistani troops with some paint differences? Thinking could get by with armor in 15mm too.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be great. Has anyone tried gaming this "What-If?"

Also, if you have book/reference suggestions that would be awesome.

Thanks all.
brian

Personal logo Bashytubits Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2017 10:24 a.m. PST

If you are doing 1965 aside from the small arms the troops are uniformed similar to WW2 British forces, both India and Pakistan. The color of the uniforms and the small arms in use are the biggest difference. I actually have armies for 1965 but I went with GHQ microarmor and WW2 british infantry, Sikh and helmeted for the infantry.

benglish Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2017 10:41 a.m. PST

I was actually thinking of India vs Pakistan with their current militaries. Present-day scenarios.

GeoffQRF03 Feb 2017 4:00 a.m. PST

The weapons are a mix of east and west – AK, M16, GPMG, 0.50, etc

You may need to mix and match a bit, perhaps our imminent Canadians and Dutch will have some useful figures.

troopwo Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2017 11:24 a.m. PST

Indian amry will be a lot of russian afvs.
T72, BMP1s and 2s.
You might get away with early Leopard 2s for Arjuns.

Pakistani would probably be modern chinese.
Type 85 and such.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.