Help support TMP

"Looking for Wooden meeples to glue paper onto." Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Flats Message Board

Back to the Tools of the Hobby Message Board

Areas of Interest


Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

778 hits since 16 Oct 2016
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Moe the Great17 Oct 2016 11:20 a.m. PST

I'm looking for some Wooden pieces that stand upright and have an angle from bottom to tap that is flat that you can attach/glue a picture or piece of paper with unit info on it. The ones I'm thinking of were about 3/4" high with a 1/2 wide base. I wish I could draw a picture here but, I can't..

I know some people who used to use wooden piece like this to make cheap armies or to test "Stand Ins" to see what kind of figure/unit they actually want to buy. I'm just looking for the wood pieces. Or something like it to attach something to to use as a stand in.



Stryderg17 Oct 2016 11:30 a.m. PST

Not wood, but this might work: link
Open it up, clip to the bottom of your paper, fold the arms up and there you go. And when you're done, you can use them as, umm, binder clips, I guess.

Stryderg17 Oct 2016 11:34 a.m. PST

And there's wooden blocks: link

Or are you looking for something more like a triangle (as seen from the side)?

GildasFacit Sponsoring Member of TMP17 Oct 2016 11:49 a.m. PST

Do you mean something like these ?


Moe the Great17 Oct 2016 12:05 p.m. PST

I really wish I could draw here. They were actually nice with a flat bottom, the back goes up a 90 degree angle from the bottom and the front angled down at about 60 degree angle. I've seen some with a small lip on the front to rest a cardboard chit on it.

Imagine these scrabble tile holders (From the side) with a smaller lip on the bottom front.


and no more then 1" wide.

IanKHemm17 Oct 2016 2:32 p.m. PST

Go to the hardware store and ask about ceiling edging or wainscoting.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.