Help support TMP

"Helion conference" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the English Civil War Message Board

399 hits since 30 Aug 2016
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

corona66 Supporting Member of TMP30 Aug 2016 8:48 a.m. PST

I wrote to the organizer of the Century of the Soldier conference a week or two ago and, as of yet, he presumably has been too busy to respond. So, I wonder if any of you fine gentlemen can tell me if the papers being presented at the conference will be available for sale later in either video or audio form? The subjects are most interesting and unfortunately I'm unable to attend from Canada.
Thanks in advance.

Timbo W30 Aug 2016 11:44 a.m. PST

Hi corona,

I'm planning to pop along, Don't know if the papers are going to be published. Last year's are in the Helion online catalogue but as yet are unpublished as far as I'm aware.

Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to chase up when I'm there,

corona66 Supporting Member of TMP30 Aug 2016 3:02 p.m. PST

Thanks you very much for the kind offer Timbo. If you could just find out if the presentations are being videoed or taped for future purchase I would be most grateful.
Thank you again.

Timbo W10 Sep 2016 4:33 p.m. PST

Hi Corona,

the conference was very good, I certainly enjoyed the talks and a good chat with delegates and presenters alike. Though sadly a couple of speakers couldn't make it at the last minute due to emergencies etc.

I spoke to Charles and he couldn't find your email, perhaps an over-zealous spam filter or something? Anyway last years proceedings should be published soon, this year's probably in a year's time. There was no video or audio recording unfortunately.

Let me know if there's anything specific you need to know and I could give you the general gist.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.