Help support TMP

"Robotech Defender Dromedin / Dougram Crabgunner 1/72 kit" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Photography of Miniatures Message Board

Back to the Toy Gaming Gallery Message Board

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

918 hits since 18 Jun 2016
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Black Android Inactive Member19 Jun 2016 10:32 a.m. PST

This is my Robotech Defenders Dromedin 1/72 kit. I loved building it. It is well engineered and goes together very quickly. I ended up adding some plastic sheeting to the front of the legs to hide the seem line. I left a lot of the seem in the rest of the leg as I just thought it looked mechanical and was not a big deal. I then also added plates to the feet.

The kit was another one that Revell took from the Dougram Fang of the Sun line and was called a Crabgunner. If you have not seen the show it is very good but it is not in English. Lots of strategy and political intrigue along with lots more robot death/ crash and bash.

Link:

link

I have photographed it in the traditional Robotech Defenders style reminiscent to the old box art from the 1980s

You can see my other Robotech Defender kits at:

link

link

Personal logo miniMo Supporting Member of TMP19 Jun 2016 7:20 p.m. PST

Very nice!!!

jpattern220 Jun 2016 8:39 a.m. PST

Really nice work on that.

And, yes, your photos could have easily been used on the model boxes back in the day. Great compositions and photography!

Norman D Landings Inactive Member20 Jun 2016 12:01 p.m. PST

The model's a masterpiece of retro eccentricity – you've made a splendid job of the build – and the photography really does it justice.
There's just nothing about this project I don't love!

Personal logo Patrick R Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2016 1:31 p.m. PST

I found a 1/48th Talos a few months ago, haven't assembled it yet

The Black Android Inactive Member30 Jun 2016 10:43 p.m. PST

I have never built a 1/48 or a 1/72 Talos also called a Block Head. I have 2 in 1/144 scale. They make the other 1/144s look tiny. That 1/48 is a big cool kit though. My brother almost got it in the 1980's but he bought some other toy instead. I had a lot of the 1/48 Robotech Defenders and a few 1/72 kits in the 1980's. I love them and I scoop them up whenever I can for cheep.

Capt Flash13 Jul 2016 4:40 p.m. PST

Here's a guy selling a Revell Robotech box that smells musty. Lol!

auction

The Black Android Inactive Member16 Jul 2016 10:10 a.m. PST

Yah, that person has a lot of empty defender boxes on ebay with a few trash parts in them. I hope no one bids on them.

Right now defender kits should be about 50-70 $. USD Some kits are harder to get than others. I think over $100.00 USD Is to much thoug. I was going to pay $175.00 USD for a red robotech bioroid because It is so hard to get. I ened up geting it for $125.00 USD after the dude dropped the price. This kit is one of the hardest to get. I would drop $200.00 USD for the blue bioroid as I have never seen it on ebay. And I have been looking since 1998. In fact I am not even sure if they ever produced for sale any of the army of the southern cross robots. These are the ones that fight the bioroids. I have seen picturs of the kits thoug.

I want to say that the most overpriced robotech kits are the southern cross armour suits. Way over priced if you ask me. I am slowly buying up these kits for cheep but I am ending up with a lot of opened and partal kits.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.