Help support TMP

"28mm Suicide Bomber figures" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

Areas of Interest

Modern

1,598 hits since 9 Nov 2015
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

WaltOHara09 Nov 2015 11:37 a.m. PST

I don't want to sound overly callous here, but these are in fact combatants in the modern landscape, as distasteful as the subject might be. A scenario where a small unit commander is trying to stop a suicide jihadist (or ISIS) commando determined to kill himself is entirely withing the bounds of reality. Yet, there are no figures I can find that depict this type of individual. I'm not trying to be overly gorish or nihilistic, i do think it's a tragic turn of events, but still, I'm surprised I've never seen a purpose built figure for a suicide bomber. Anyone know if I'm wrong or not?

V/R

Walt O'Hara

MacSparty09 Nov 2015 12:14 p.m. PST

Not 28mm, but miniatures have been made… :)

picture

Cyrus the Great09 Nov 2015 12:20 p.m. PST

Once again, depending on how you paint him.

link

From.Spectre Miniatures.

BrianW09 Nov 2015 12:44 p.m. PST

Walt,
It is a valid scenario, but is a dedicated figure really needed? It seems that, by definition, a suicide bomber looks like any other civilian until he rips open his jacket. Unless you're playing solo, why not just use a standard civilian figure and secretly designate him/her as the bomber?
BWW

bandit86 Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2015 12:51 p.m. PST

Reaper has this one
link

RX Bandit09 Nov 2015 1:30 p.m. PST

The militia grenadier pack from spectre probably has the best figure to use as a suicide bomber. The figure has a pouch on his chest full of grenades.

link

Devil Dog was the only company I have seen put out a suicide bomber, but they are no longer in production. You could try ebay or the flea markets at the conventions for old devil dog stuff.

Mako11 Inactive Member09 Nov 2015 1:40 p.m. PST

How about pretty much any figure with a flak vest, and then perhaps a head swap?

RavenscraftCybernetics Inactive Member09 Nov 2015 2:12 p.m. PST

Any civilian figure would; they want to blend in to be effective.

poiter5009 Nov 2015 9:10 p.m. PST

Reaper's Ned Lewinsky?

Chuckaroobob09 Nov 2015 9:59 p.m. PST

IIRC The Assault Group had a 28mm bomber about 5 years ago.

Tango India Mike Inactive Member10 Nov 2015 3:30 a.m. PST

GZG did a pack of urban terrorists

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.