Help support TMP

"TMP 4" Topic

55 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the TMP Bugs and Features Message Board

Back to the TMP Talk Message Board

Action Log

29 Oct 2015 7:09 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from Websites for Wargaming board
  • Removed from The Industry board

2,508 hits since 29 Oct 2015
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pages: 1 2 

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian30 Oct 2015 5:38 p.m. PST

There are people here trying to give you good advice, Bill. Despite all the foolishness that has gone on, some still value TMP. You're behaving like the young 2Lt who has come to his first platoon and won't listen to advice from his senior NCOs.

I am listening.

So far, I've been told that the job is so easy it should only take two weeks, but so difficult that I should only proceed piece by piece without any customizations. grin

This is from people who have no idea how TMP is currently structured, and haven't worked with the content-management system I am moving to.

Look, guys, thanks for the free advice! You have given me a few good ideas. However, lighten up. TMP 4.0 is proceeding fine. You will see. grin

Personal logo Ditto Tango 2 3 Supporting Member of TMP30 Oct 2015 6:05 p.m. PST

DELETED

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian30 Oct 2015 9:35 p.m. PST

I am certain I recall a year or two before around 2010 that you were talking about learning SQL?

Oh, I know SQL… grin

alexjones Inactive Member31 Oct 2015 5:02 a.m. PST

just to qualify, after two weeks there would be at least something to show, moving toward MVP rather than the finished article.

But, like tango ditto, the nightly shutdown is the only thing I don't like and I have got used to it over the years.

We all enjoy TMP and we want to see it do well, and so we are all on the same side. I am sure version 4.0 will be great!

ditto tango, whats a syntax difference between friends!! Respect to Oracle!

dapeters05 Nov 2015 1:49 p.m. PST

"Actually, on that note, Tactica 2 should be published this coming year." Believe it when you have a copy in your hands.

WarworksDK Inactive Member10 Feb 2016 2:51 p.m. PST

Just made my first post and was looking around for a subscription button. No such thing, it seems…

I found an old threat from three years ago saying that it might be implemented in TMP 4, so now the obvious question is: when (if ever) will that be?

Looking around, there seems to be a lot of information here. But sadly no efficient way of keeping track of the threads you're talking part in. :-(

Pages: 1 2 

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.