Help support TMP

"Foundry no longer doing army deals" Topic

17 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Hobby Industry Message Board

Back to the Offers and Promotions Message Board

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

1,938 hits since 10 Jun 2015
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Bandolier Supporting Member of TMP10 Jun 2015 4:34 p.m. PST

Woke up to an email with this message from Foundry.

"It's time to wave Goodbye to our Army Deals: In three weeks time (Wednesday 1st July) they will be discontinued.

Due to their unexpected popularity we have been running these Army Deals for a lot longer than we ever intended to, and now we have regrettably come to the time when they must shortly end:…"

link

Closing down the only deal that makes them competitive with other manufacturers is going to stop me ordering directly from them. Great models, but I'll probably fish for items on eBay instead.

Sound like the deals are effecting their bottom line, but I wonder if removing the deals will eliminate more casual customers like myself.

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP10 Jun 2015 4:53 p.m. PST

Foundry has a long and proud history of alienating their customers.

ordinarybass10 Jun 2015 5:00 p.m. PST

I think Winston has the right of this one.

Never be surprised when Foundry does something that makes their products more expensive, less appealing or harder to find.

Lee Brilleaux Fezian10 Jun 2015 5:24 p.m. PST

When I worked for Foundry, my wife was convinced that the whole thing was a tax loss, as nobody who expected to succeed would operate their business like that.

Grelber10 Jun 2015 5:49 p.m. PST

Hmmm. Sounds like I'd better place the Foundry order I've been planning. I've had the money stashed away for about a month now. Of course, maybe that's the Foundry master plan.

Grelber

Mako11 Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member10 Jun 2015 8:03 p.m. PST

Alas, afraid I won't be able to order by the deadline, so that is a shame.

Oddball Inactive Member10 Jun 2015 8:17 p.m. PST

The packs are $18 USD for 6 figures, $3 USD each.

Not crazy expensive and they are very good figures.

Bandolier Supporting Member of TMP10 Jun 2015 8:23 p.m. PST

The packs are $18.00 USD USD for 6 figures, $3.00 USD USD each.

Not crazy expensive and they are very good figures.

Not bad for you Northern Hemisphere people. The Aussie $ is pretty weak lately and each pack is AU$24.00, plus postage. Being able to get a few free packs makes it worthwhile in my circumstance. Not Foundry bashing, just frustrated.

Personal logo Doctor X Supporting Member of TMP10 Jun 2015 11:09 p.m. PST

Please note that the final three weeks of the army deal involve ANY packs from ANY armies.

That seems pretty customer friendly to me.

Price increases are inevitable. Luckily there is a free market where you can buy what you want and let your currency do the talking.

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP11 Jun 2015 5:31 a.m. PST

I have to say that I do like the Foundry figures a lot – as as a Northern Hemispherean the prices per fig are not too bad compared to some of other favourite figs

My one issue is that some of the packs have figures that are – well, less than optimally useful might be a polite way to say it

But they are by and large excellent figs

coopman11 Jun 2015 5:40 a.m. PST

I am still not at that point of desperation that would make me pay $3 USD for a 25mm foot figure.

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP11 Jun 2015 6:46 a.m. PST

The eight fig packs drop the price to $2.25 USD per fig. Foundry prices are in the normal range now compared to a lot of manufacturers out there.

Zargon Inactive Member11 Jun 2015 9:50 a.m. PST

To me they are and have always been a high priced item (but great figures, although they are now selling stale products with very little development), when our currency was worthless and not the bog roll it is now I used to buy what I could afford but not now, so whatever they do doesn't help the likes of me, my hope they sell out to a business who knows how to run itself efficiently who can make discounts and sales for the gaming community at large giving us all a chance to collect a still lovely range of figures (still want that Hittite army'.
Nuff said, sniff :(

Personal logo The Virtual Armchair General Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Jun 2015 10:57 a.m. PST

When I worked for Foundry, my wife was convinced that my whole job was a tax loss, as nobody who expected to succeed would operate my business like that.

Sigh…

TVAG

Lord Elpass Inactive Member11 Jun 2015 12:35 p.m. PST

Here was me thinking Game Of Thrones was based on the inner workings of WF…Under the "old management" of course ;-)

Militia Pete Supporting Member of TMP11 Jun 2015 7:00 p.m. PST

Tempting.
Been wanting a Spartan force and get some more AWI troops to match others.
Oh, fincances

aynsley683 Supporting Member of TMP16 Jun 2015 4:47 a.m. PST

Just found this, better get my last order into them as I won't be buying from them without it.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.