Help support TMP

"Gen. Pettygree's Most Trying Hour" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Victorian Colonial Board Message Board

Back to the Old School Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Photography of Miniatures Message Board

Back to the Early 20th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Wargaming in the USA Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

976 hits since 25 Apr 2015
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

ge2002bill Supporting Member of TMP26 Apr 2015 8:38 a.m. PST

General Pettygree is back and The Guru knows it. The madman is bent on Pettygree's death, the destruction of the Imperial Army and control of all India. His first target is the atrophied Entrenched Camp near Burhanpur in Madhya Pradesh northeast of Bombay.
Pettygree has only just arrived by motor launch and in less than twenty-four hours has the Brigade on the march to relieve the Entrenched Camp.
Will the Imperials be on time? Find out here:
link

As for you, you don't have a second to spare. Get on your kit, shoulder your rifle, stand to and march with the General. Hurry along you lot!
This is only the beginning. One week from today another post will appear because this is frankly Pettygree's most trying hour. It can't all be told in one sitting. I don't want you to wait too long for the end of the story.
The story advances by my customary briefly captioned photos.
Respectfully,
Bill P.

PS
You there in the back! Put down that contraption and march!

Personal logo Texas Jack Supporting Member of TMP26 Apr 2015 11:09 a.m. PST

Great stuff, as usual! I am really looking forward to the end of this nail-biter!

drummer Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member26 Apr 2015 3:03 p.m. PST

Come on Pettygree! Time for some pay back!

It's time for Ham and Corey, and their friend who is foolishly thinking of leaving the army to get married, and the heroic water bearer who likes to secretly practice on the bugle, to work some magic!

THAT is the episode I want to see.

scarlinosr1 Inactive Member26 Apr 2015 4:20 p.m. PST

excellent looking game and the miniatures and terrain are awesome. PLEASE, keep up the great work!!!

Jcfrog Supporting Member of TMP26 Apr 2015 9:47 p.m. PST

Always a pleasure to read, thank you.

ge2002bill Supporting Member of TMP27 Apr 2015 9:49 a.m. PST

Thank you! I appreciate your remarks and compliments very much.
-----
Ham & Corey (those fun cavaliers) are with the 10th Hussars elsewhere --- but near.
-----
ACT II, the conclusion of the battle and more is already done. It will be posted on May 3, 2015 Sunday. Don't miss it.
-----
Cheers to you all,
Bill P.

John Miller28 Apr 2015 3:16 p.m. PST

ge2002bill: I wonder if the ghost of Rudyard Kipling is looking over his shoulder because I think you are about to pass him. Great stuff !!! John Miller

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.