Help support TMP

"Happy Vittoria day!" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

349 hits since 21 Jun 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Footslogger21 Jun 2013 2:25 a.m. PST

Hope you all find a suitable way of celebrating another memorable bicentenary.

I shall be holding a review later of my British troops, especially Cadogan's brigade (1/50th, 1/71st and 1/92nd) in memory of their action on the heights of Puebla. (I'm only singling them out because I've actually GOT them).

Edwulf21 Jun 2013 4:06 a.m. PST

Ill have a beer to them all tonight. Particulary Pictons 3rd Division.

Skeptic21 Jun 2013 4:57 a.m. PST

A Vittoria game is going to be played at our club today, and the club day already happens to be today!

Personal logo Midpoint Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2013 7:20 a.m. PST

We did one two weeks ago. 12 players.

Garde de Paris Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2013 10:53 a.m. PST

Midpoint: How did the game turn out? And how did you have room for 12 players!

Has anyone ever had the French win this one, or get away clean?

GdeP

Rod MacArthur21 Jun 2013 1:09 p.m. PST

I am participating in a Vittoria game on Sunday with the Liphook Historical Wargames Club. There should be 15 players and 3 umpires on a massive table at 1:60 figure ratio.

I hope the French do not win as I am part of the British team, in the central Light Division and 4 Division sector.

Rod

Personal logo DColtman Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2013 1:46 p.m. PST

Played it twice this month, once using the CC:N scenario from Expansion 1 which features the central action with the Light Division, then again using similar terrain and forces but using Lasalle rules.

In both cases the French won – the problem is that without surprise, the Light Division struggles to get across the Zadorra under the French guns. Hence the French usually win the CC:N version (which does not cover Picton's crossing).

See: link

Personal logo Midpoint Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2013 6:59 p.m. PST

Judged as a British victory – we captured the baggage in V. Much of the French army would have got away though.

We used Black Powder, so everyone had 4-6 units to command.

pushing tin22 Jun 2013 1:54 p.m. PST

just completed part one of our refight, so far indecisive as the French withdraw quicker than the British can keep up and keep Graham at bay across the Zadorra keeping the road to Bayonne open…

link

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.