Help support TMP

"Pulp Alley AAR - Escape from Hell" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Victorian SF Message Board

Back to the Pulp Gaming Message Board

556 hits since 19 Jun 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pulp Girl Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2013 9:04 p.m. PST

In this chapter, Elaine and her faithful servant return to Al-Jabarti's stronghold under the cover of night….

link

-Mila

tkdguy20 Jun 2013 10:09 p.m. PST

Nice AAR!

Patrice Inactive Member21 Jun 2013 2:15 a.m. PST

Thanks for sharing. Excellent AAR, and very nice table.

Dragon Gunner21 Jun 2013 5:11 a.m. PST

Great scenery who makes the buildings?

The Shadow Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2013 6:02 a.m. PST

Thanks for giving us a birds eye view of the table first. It was much easier to follow the action that way.

This is a great set up! Plenty of cover and lots of "flavor". The detailed buildings and models really make the scenario come alive! IMHO your themes and AAR's are what this pulp group should be about. My congratulations!

Personal logo chicklewis Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2013 6:27 p.m. PST

Great report !

And a very interesting use of Copplestone 'Zanzibari Regular' figures.

Pulp Alley Supporting Member of TMP22 Jun 2013 11:35 a.m. PST

@ Dragon Gunner -- Those buildings were our first terrain project together. Mila and I made them out of foam-core. Check out some cool pics of the project in action -- link

Thanks, Shadow and everyone for the encouraging comments.

HAVE FUN!

Dave

Norrins Supporting Member of TMP23 Jun 2013 12:17 p.m. PST

It's because of these great AARs that I ended up buying the rules.

Pulp Alley Supporting Member of TMP23 Jun 2013 4:47 p.m. PST

Thanks Norrins!

If you haven't already, you may also want to check out the sample leagues, battle reports, and other fun stuff on our Pulp Alley forum at --- pulpalley.com/index.php

HAVE FUN
Dave

Johnny Aces27 Jun 2013 4:19 a.m. PST

Dave,

You have always been the Macgyver of terrain, but you and Mila have taken things too a new level. The simplest things you make make the tables look amazing! I always picture you digging madly through a box, emerging with two handfuls of odds and ends.

"I've got two pieces of chewed bubblegum, paper clips, a cardboard box. Let's see…yep, I can build a scale replica of Times Square. Be back in a couple minutes…"

Your skills simply amaze. Now tell me how you made the old 40K scrap pile!!!!

mister droid Inactive Member29 Jun 2013 6:58 a.m. PST

I have been thinking about getting these rules for a while now… Mostly as an excuse to buy pulp style minis, but thinking about the rules regardless. I have to say, the interesting mechanics in this report intrigue me. I think a sale has just been made!

Pulp Girl Supporting Member of TMP01 Jul 2013 9:26 a.m. PST

@Johnny Aces – Speaking of that we'll be working on our city terrain soon. We have gangster miniatures that are just dying to crash cars and have shoot outs in New York City lol

-Mila

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.