Help support TMP

"More Space Bubble WIPs on my Blog" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

383 hits since 20 Jun 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

irishserb Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2013 9:09 p.m. PST

I've posted a few more WIPs of the latest progress of my 28mm not quite a spaceship thingy for those who might be curious. Here's a pic and a link to a few more pics:

picture

link

Thanks for looking.

John Treadaway21 Jun 2013 5:47 a.m. PST

irishserb

It looks fantastic. Really well made, detailed and very clever (while – at the same time quite ghastly: the container looks like a melon someone has dropped).

I still haven't a clue what you are doing, really, but it does look really well excuted (even down to the little ship legs!)

I am intrigued as to where you will take this.

John T

Pointy Faced Aardvark Inactive Member21 Jun 2013 6:53 a.m. PST

Baffled? Er..wot?

commanderroj21 Jun 2013 8:08 a.m. PST

Some kind of insertion vehicle/life support pods cased in a bio thingamy skin?

Sargonarhes22 Jun 2013 1:22 p.m. PST

A Martian cylinder?

RTJEBADIA22 Jun 2013 1:31 p.m. PST

Perhaps the pods were built into a small asteroid for radiation shielding and/or to help cushion the crash landing at their destination… or perhaps they crashed unintentionally.

Or maybe it just looks somewhat odd but its just radiation shielding built out of the local dirt, shaped a bit oddly, that then cracked.

zircher22 Jun 2013 5:18 p.m. PST

If I had to call it, it would be a bio-ship in construction with a human fab for the living spaces. When completed, it will be a flattened spheroid much like a UFO.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.