Help support TMP

"Kerr and King v Crescent Root Desert Buildings" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

973 hits since 10 Apr 2013
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

toomanyfigures10 Apr 2013 9:19 p.m. PST

Hi all

I am looking at my next purchase will probably be spending a bit. Im torn between Crescent Root and Kerr and King. Can anyone offer any advice. I have seen the Cresent Root Buildings painted….very nice but the extras like the courtyards offered by Kerr and King are very nice as well.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

leidang10 Apr 2013 10:57 p.m. PST

I have and really like both. The Kerr and King building's windows and doors are on the small side for 15mm. Conversely the Crescent root building's are on the large size. I do however freely mix them myself as the difference doesn't bother me.

If I could only have one of the two I would probably go with the Crescent root buildings due to the better variety with the taller buildings.

But really you can't go wrong with either one. They are both nice clean casts and are well done.

The Kerr and king are also made out of a more brittle resin than the crescent root buildings. This is not too important to me except that my kerr and king building's did get some damage in the post where the crescent root one's did not despite comparable packing.

toomanyfigures11 Apr 2013 2:53 a.m. PST

Thank you leidang.

45thdiv11 Apr 2013 3:21 a.m. PST

The sturdiness of the crescent root buildings is what sold me. I run a lot of convention games and they get abused. I just toss them all in several boxes, no padding. They have never broken, scratched or chipped in the 7 years I have been gaming with them.

I have the 28mm buildings.

Matthew

Some Chicken Inactive Member11 Apr 2013 4:39 a.m. PST

I have the Crescent Root desert buildings in 15mm and am very pleased with them. Top notch work and the best option in my view.

nazrat11 Apr 2013 7:43 a.m. PST

Both are great in my opinion as well, although I have far more of the CR ones. You are spoiled for choice!

toomanyfigures11 Apr 2013 1:35 p.m. PST

Thank you all. Excellent information.

Chris

Maldini196626 Dec 2017 6:10 a.m. PST

Hi .does anyone know if Kerr and king are still trading
Their website seems active but no recent updates
Cheers

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.