Help support TMP

"Vikings at the National Museum of Scotland" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Action Log

28 Feb 2013 10:40 a.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Crossposted to Medieval Discussion board

590 hits since 28 Feb 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Don Keebals Inactive Member28 Feb 2013 10:38 a.m. PST

There's a Viking exhibition on at the National Museum of Scotland at the moment and they're holding a Viking Wargames day on Sunday 10th March from 10.30-16.30.

The South East Scotland Wargames Club will be putting on a display game featuring the Dux Britanniarum rules from TooFatLardies and a Viking raid on a Scots' settlement.

Other clubs will be there putting on games and I'm told there will be several opportunities for visitors to join in. Children are welcome and will be able to paint their own model Viking before using it in a game.

Admission to the event is free but I think you'll still have to pay to get into the exhibition itself.

More on the Museum's website at link

daghan Inactive Member28 Feb 2013 11:38 a.m. PST

Nice timing. The 10th is Mother's Day … And I don't think many mothers would want to get involved in what viking were supposed to be good at.

bsrlee01 Mar 2013 9:18 a.m. PST

OOooo! Picture gallery with shinies. Unfortunately the captions are a bit generic.

And there is a Viking training school ;-)

Dave Knight05 Mar 2013 2:05 p.m. PST

feastbowl.wordpress.com

More info on the event from the Museum blog

Dave Knight06 Mar 2013 3:32 a.m. PST

I have just relaised that I posted in the SESWC topic about this event rather than the Falkirk one

Sorry chaps!

Don Keebals Inactive Member07 Mar 2013 5:50 p.m. PST

Dress rehearsal tonight.

picture

Don Keebals Inactive Member13 Mar 2013 1:40 a.m. PST

After action report at link

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.