Help support TMP

"Battle Report 1/20/2013 - Muskets and Tomahawks " Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the American Wargaming Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Battle Reports Message Board

559 hits since 22 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

sotek486 Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 8:23 p.m. PST

Got a game in this past Sunday at my local game store … broke out the Fort for "looks" … details and pictures are up on my blog: link

Personal logo Dale Hurtt Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member22 Jan 2013 8:50 p.m. PST

Sounds like a busy day with Saga and board games!

sotek486 Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 8:58 p.m. PST

Indeed … there are worse things one can do ;-)

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP23 Jan 2013 11:58 a.m. PST

That game looked great! I'm curious about 'throwing tomahawks' in the rules. Never heard of this in a rule set before. What's the range? Any thoughts on it?

Thanks,

John

sotek486 Supporting Member of TMP23 Jan 2013 11:18 p.m. PST

6" range … They are technically called thrown weapons (see pg.28 of the rules). You have to throw them at the start of your movement and they don't trigger a reaction test … Great way to soften up a target before laying down some melee hurt.

Thanks!

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP23 Jan 2013 11:35 p.m. PST

I'm curious as to the scale of the game? Is it 1:1? If not, I cannot make it work in my head that Indians threw a volley like Romans before close combat. Never heard or read about that before.

Thanks,

John

sotek486 Supporting Member of TMP05 Feb 2013 7:05 p.m. PST

Hey John,

Tomahawks are not limited to just Indians … Rangers have them and other units … I would call it 1:1 although I don't think it explicitly calls that out. It isn't really all that effective … but it is fun :-)

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.