Help support TMP

"Dux Gondorum - an AAR" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Battle Reports Message Board

Action Log

22 Jan 2013 8:18 a.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Changed title from "Dux Gondorum - an AAR" to "Dux Gondorum - an AAR"
  • Removed from Fantasy Discussion board
  • Crossposted to Fantasy Battle Reports board

584 hits since 22 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pedrobear Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 8:00 a.m. PST

My friend and I played the first game in a planned Dux Britanniarum campaign set in Middle Earth, using mainly GW LOTR figures and Perry WOTR figures as Levy.

link

Hope you enjoy the AAR.

willthepiper22 Jan 2013 8:14 a.m. PST

Fantastic AAR – love the use of Lewis Chessmen as statuary!

Huscarle22 Jan 2013 9:50 a.m. PST

Excellent, really enjoyed your report and look forward to more.

darthfozzywig Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 9:51 a.m. PST

Very cool! And I was thinking about Lewis chess pieces as statues as well. Glad to see that they work as well as I imagined. :)

skinkmasterreturns22 Jan 2013 5:00 p.m. PST

Nice report.I have been working on a similar variant,as it only seems like a natural progression for the rules,and I think will work quite well.

Tin Soldier Man Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 11:33 p.m. PST

What map are you using for the campaign?

Pedrobear Supporting Member of TMP23 Jan 2013 6:50 a.m. PST

Thanks, guys.

We are not really using a map for the terrain, since we don't know how long we will sustain it, but conceptually we are imagining a "kingdom" with three provinces. I haven't read the campaign rules in detail yet we are putting it off on the excuse that it will be a while before my orcs can threaten a full battle.

I will be interested in what TMPers think about Middle Earth geography and DB.

Pedrobear Supporting Member of TMP23 Jan 2013 8:13 p.m. PST

To add on, after some reading last night I decided to base our campaign in Enedwaith, with my orcs operating out of Dunland.

Enedwaith was in the Third Age largely un-ruled and sparsely inhabited. The background here is that with the unification of the North and South Kingdoms, Aragorn needs to tame Enedwaith again and safeguard the communication between the northern and southern halves of his kingdom via the North-South Road. The Gondor player therefore plays a frontier commander tasked to keep the region safe against raids.

Setting the campaign in Enedwaith also allows us to field Dwarves from Gimli's colony in Aglarond, as well as Rohirrim (Light Cavalry) later in the game.

On the side of the orcs I can add the Dunlending to my force.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.