Help support TMP

"15mm herd animals?" Topic

19 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Prehistoric Message Board

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

1,275 hits since 22 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo doc mcb Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 7:41 a.m. PST

The first criteria here is INEXPENSIVE because I need lots to make multiple units of stampeding herds. Cattle or horses preferably, but could be antelope or buffalo or whatever.

1/72 plastic would be acceptable, as this is a fantasy world and a cow or horse might be larger than in our world.

Metal is preferable but plastic is fine; did I mention CHEAP?

I'd like to have 25 to 50 animals (more if smaller).

Suggestions?

jameshammyhamilton22 Jan 2013 7:50 a.m. PST

Irregular miniatures do a range of livestock.

Not sure what you would define as cheap though.

cfielitz Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 8:50 a.m. PST

I think Museum Miniatures also does livestock.

GarrisonMiniatures Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 8:50 a.m. PST

Check out your local model railway store, though their offerings may not be cheap. Model Railwayers aren't as mean as wargamers. I mean, aren't as cash-concious.

snodipous22 Jan 2013 9:14 a.m. PST

I got some goats for my Afghanistan civilian stands at a railway store. I probably paid 5x what it would have cost for the equivalent from a wargames manufacturer.

The upside: they were pre-painted!

The downside: they looked like they were painted by a cross-eyed, palsied four year old.

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 9:26 a.m. PST

snodipous – they were probably painted by a Chinese cross-eyed, palsied four year old chained to a desk at a "school".

Personal logo doc mcb Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 9:45 a.m. PST

How about 1:72? Any longhorn herds or such? Isn't there a website that reviews all the 1:72 plastics?

Rodrick Campbell Sponsoring Member of TMP Fezian22 Jan 2013 9:58 a.m. PST

Doc, Splintered light just licensed the standing horses I did. Not sure how soon The molds will be made but they are sitting at Old Glory ready to go.

No cows yet, though.

Personal logo doc mcb Supporting Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 10:13 a.m. PST

Thanks, Rod! Free would definitely be the cheapest!

The centaurs of the Sea of Grass herd horses and drive them stampeding into enemies.

Personal logo vexillia Sponsoring Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 12:56 p.m. PST

Corvus Belli has a range of animals in 15 mm – bit.ly/VonFr0

Cattle

----
Martin Stephenson
Vexillia Limited: Wargames Miniatures & Accessories
vexillia.ltd.uk
gallery.vexillia.ltd.uk
pikeandplunder.vexillia.ltd.uk

Beneath A Lead Mountain Inactive Member22 Jan 2013 8:42 p.m. PST

Peter Pig do Buffalo's and Sheep in their Wild West range. I have a feeling I've seen horses and longhorns on there somewhere but that could be the insomnia/snow blindness talking :)

Nickpes22 Jan 2013 9:49 p.m. PST

You can try Corvus Belli, Donnington, Museum. The all have cattles, camels etc … even Splintered Light have some animals, most of them wild though

kreoseus223 Jan 2013 5:54 a.m. PST

ERM animal packs, good quality and inexpensive.

link

Phil

Beneath A Lead Mountain Inactive Member29 Jan 2013 11:35 a.m. PST

If you're still searching there is a seller on eBay selling 100 1:87 scale ( close enough for it not to matter) cows or horses,unpainted in plastic for £12.00 GBP

melfortuk30 Jan 2013 3:34 a.m. PST

minifigs used to have longhorns in their wild west range

Chazzmak Inactive Member30 Jan 2013 7:54 a.m. PST

Cheap ? Saunter through your local Dollar Store toy section. You never know. I bought 2 packs of "Jungle Animals" to get two elephants for a 15mm Carthaginian army.
Perfect size. The grandkids got the rest of the animals. Poses are static and rather limited, and you can always repaint. That's if you want really, really cheap. I prefer to support figure manufacturers.

lapatrie8830 Jan 2013 6:17 p.m. PST

I would love to have several sleeping dog models in 15mm. They would be markers for a command that fails its activation test and cant move this turn. Our 1809 Austrians would need dozens of them.

The dogs from irregular and splintered light look nice. But the active poses wouldnt communicate the same meaning.

bobm195931 Jan 2013 10:53 a.m. PST

Atlantic (used to) a buffalo hunting set with lots of running beasts including calves

deflatermouse29 Mar 2013 6:59 p.m. PST

Minifigs also do 15mm Buffalos
WW19 Bison in Age of Steam Wild West section
and goats

picture

Mick Yarrow Miniatures do heaps of other goodies. Good figures well priced
link

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.