Help support TMP

"Overlap of colours in Coat d'Arms range" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Painting Message Board

391 hits since 22 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Madmike122 Jan 2013 5:13 a.m. PST

Many of my old GW paints are running low and hate the new GW pots so looking to move over to Coat d range.

They have 3 main ranges, fantasy, military and WW2.

I was going to order each range but was wondering if there is any overlap in their colours, e.g blood angel red is the same as British scarlet.

Angel Barracks Inactive Member22 Jan 2013 5:16 a.m. PST

They have some similar colours, some very similar, but I do not think they have duplicate ones.

Madmike122 Jan 2013 5:20 a.m. PST

gee that was a quick response, thanks

Personal logo Black Hat Miniatures Sponsoring Member of TMP22 Jan 2013 5:33 a.m. PST

As AB said, there are no duplicates with different names.

The fantasy range and the Military range both contain 101-105 but that is the only duplication across the ranges.

You can buy all 150 paints in one deal.

Thanks

Mike

Angel Barracks Inactive Member22 Jan 2013 5:34 a.m. PST

s'ok.
I stock them and just looked over my shoulder!
That and I have had people ask me before.

On the same note, happy to advise if specific colours are similar.

Michael.

Green Tiger22 Jan 2013 7:34 a.m. PST

If I remember correctly Cote D Arms made the original Citadel paints so if your GW paints are old enough they will be a close match.

MajorB22 Jan 2013 7:54 a.m. PST

If I remember correctly Cote D Arms made the original Citadel paints

Not exactly. As I understand it, GW sold the Citadel range of paints, but when they moved to a different supplier, Coat D'Arms took over the original paints.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.