Help support TMP

"Starship Troopers Help" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Media Message Board

775 hits since 8 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Angel Barracks08 Jan 2013 4:42 a.m. PST

I saw a ST film that had them retreat to a tower/bunker thing.
It had some concrete type barricades out the front and I think ended with the troopers fleeing to the roof to await pick up.
IIRC it was quite a bad film, however I am trying to find images of the tower thing.
I think it had an electric fence/forcefield way out in the perimeter too.

Does anyone know what ST film it was or even better, can you show me some images of said tower please?

Michael.

earthad Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member08 Jan 2013 4:57 a.m. PST

second film hero of the federation.
Worse than the others….which i love.
recommend the newest one.

Angel Barracks08 Jan 2013 5:04 a.m. PST

Cheers, I thought it was.
Struggling to find images of the tower though..

Invasion?
Is that the animated one?

The G Dog Fezian08 Jan 2013 6:07 a.m. PST

The film was shot in such a state of darkness, I don't recall good clear shots of the tower.

The electrified fence (energy field) was offered as part of the old Mongoose Publishing miniatures for the game. It was just poles that were the field generators.

The Tin Dictator08 Jan 2013 7:00 a.m. PST

Starship Troopers II was basically a zombie/bodysnatcher themed movie.

Try to look through some clips on Youtube. There should be a couple shots of the tower you can extrapolate from.

Delthos08 Jan 2013 8:57 a.m. PST

I've got the DVD, but not Blu-ray so I can take some screen caps, they won't be superhigh res though.

Doing some quick scanning of the video, there are two structures on the sides of the tower and I'm not sure what they are. One appears to be some sort of crane, but the other looks to just be a very large conduit/pipe. The tower is round and appears to be made from concrete. There are lights that ring the top of the tower, with a squared entry area at the base. There are what appear to be four light poles on the roof and a streamer on each. I'm guessing the idea is that they are wind socks of sorts so that something can land on the roof. On further scanning they are tattered remnants of flags. There are a bunch of concrete barriers/walls around the perimeter of the tower. They are placed at varying distances to create a sort of maze and kill zones. They look to be about 8"-10" thick and vary in height from about 4' to about 10'. They vary in width from what appears to be about 4' to about 10' as well. I'm guessing about 100 yards from the concrete barriers is where the energy fence is located.

The doors and interior appears to be mostly steel construction with large hatch door, like ship and sub hatches.

Unfortunately none of the shots are really great due to the darkness and smoke.

hoosierclyde08 Jan 2013 9:21 a.m. PST

I watched the new, animated, movie and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you liked the Roughnecks TV show, then you'll like it.

Delthos08 Jan 2013 9:58 a.m. PST

I did get a bunch of screen caps if you are interested.

BrotherSevej Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 4:48 p.m. PST

There's a third movie, while nowhere close to the awesomeness of the first, I enjoyed it.

bandit86 Supporting Member of TMP09 Jan 2013 12:02 a.m. PST

Google is your friend
link

CooperSteveOnTheLaptop10 Jan 2013 3:42 a.m. PST

II was fine as a sci-fi haunted house movie set in the ST universe. Not really a sequel to the first film.

Lfseeney Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2013 4:02 p.m. PST

If I read right, the whole movie was shot in like 4-6 weeks.

Then edited and shipped in about the same time.

Was made by the FX director of the first one.

Would like to see a new one based on the book though.

Lee

chromedog19 Feb 2013 2:59 p.m. PST

STII was directed by Phil Tippett. Who also did the beloved AT-AT walker stop-motion work in Empire Strikes Back AND brought the ED-209 to life in Robocop.

A director is only as good as his material, though – and the movie sucks donkey balls.

ST:Marauder is better (but only for the last 30 or so minutes). It knows it's not a good movie – and celebrates it.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.