Help support TMP

"Proxie Model's Tank Platoon" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

808 hits since 6 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

OctaChaz06 Jan 2013 3:56 p.m. PST

A small platoon of Trencher tanks with some support that I put together. The 'grey ironclad' scheme means I can use them as very low-tech sci-fi tanks or even as Victorian Sci-Fi steam tanks.

The Platoon command tank, with a turret marking transfer stolen off of a random Airfix model!

One of the MBTs. I decided as the colour scheme is pretty monotone, to add a sword motif to tie the company together.

Artillery support. I should probably try to acquire some crewmen for this.

I converted a tank-destroyer from the artillery chassis with the help of some Warhammer 40k bits I had lying around.

Comments and criticism welcome, hope you enjoy.

Moqawama Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 4:11 p.m. PST

Proxie models should really expand its range and bring back those hetzer-like tank hunters

Dragon Gunner06 Jan 2013 4:27 p.m. PST

I have been waiting for the hetzer models to return also.

Wolfprophet06 Jan 2013 8:42 p.m. PST

Yeah, I loved those Hetzers.

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 10:41 p.m. PST

Yep, me too. I liked all of his vehicles. Got a lot of them.

Thanks,

John

deflatermouse06 Jan 2013 11:13 p.m. PST

Thank you greatly for this. I have been trying to think of an inexpensive way to get tanks of a design similar to these. I was totally unaware of their existence. (was loking at getting WWI Mk IVs and adding very late Panther turrets. Cost $US18)..
Now I happily look forward to owning a few at a fraction of the price.
Thanks again

Richard Gaulding07 Jan 2013 12:36 p.m. PST

Those look wonderful. So wonderful that . . . uh . . . I'm gonna go impulse buy some right now. Maybe if I buy enough he'll expand the range? Yeah, that sounds like a good excuse.

Edit: 4 tanks and a set of factory walls. The sponsons from the tanks are going to make wonderful gun turrets and stuff.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.