Help support TMP

"The Gory Gourd" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

419 hits since 6 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian06 Jan 2013 2:59 p.m. PST

More than 200 years ago, France's King Louis XVI was killed (along with his wife, Marie Antoinette) via guillotine, and legend has it someone used a handkerchief to soak up the king's blood, then stored the handkerchief in a gourd…

Read more: link

SECURITY MINISTER CRITTER Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 4:38 p.m. PST

Very interesting article. Thanks Bill!

Personal logo Der Alte Fritz Sponsoring Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 6:54 p.m. PST

nice find – an interesting article, amazing what they can do with DNA research

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 11:36 p.m. PST

I agree. That was interesting.

Thanks,

John

Cadian 7th Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 6:37 a.m. PST

That is a very interesting article! History is not old and stagnat, as I like to tell my kids. From satellite archaeology in Egypt to new excavations on battlefields…subjects once thought known become "new" all again.
Considering the bloody violent past of the "old world" I do find it ironic( in a dark humor way) that Europeans found my ancestors to be "savages" when they came to the "new world". I don't see where Potawatomi kept blood in gourds! evil grin

Pirate190008 Jan 2013 9:26 p.m. PST

But my ancestors painted themselves a nice blue and that makes all the differance ;)

Cadian 7th Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 10:36 p.m. PST

I always felt that warpaint brings a bit of style and pizazz to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl! wink

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.