Help support TMP

"Romans v Seleucids." Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

Back to the Ancients Battle Reports Message Board

841 hits since 6 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Temporary like Achilles Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 7:10 a.m. PST

I ran a multiplayer game last week for two experienced and four newbie players using some rules put together from various sources and with some ideas of my own thrown in to tie it all together.

Game was a great success, and there's a report here on my blog if you'd like to take a look.

link

I used a board divided into 18 x 8 squares, and I think it will be worth doing so again.

picture

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Aaron

Personal logo vojvoda Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 8:49 a.m. PST

Wow that is a huge battleline! Very impressive. What are the figures, it is hard to tell from the pictures.

VR
James Mattes

SECURITY MINISTER CRITTER Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 9:00 a.m. PST

Great AAR! That's a lot of figures! Glad the newbies had fun.

Personal logo Temporary like Achilles Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 9:13 a.m. PST

Thanks, gents!

Figures are a real mix – Chariot (now Magister Militum), Xyston, Strategia e Tattica, Old Glory 15s, and one or two Essex in there as well. Most of the Seleucid infantry is Xyston, but the cav is mainly Old Glory. Half the Romans are Chariot, the other half Strategia e Tattica. The allied Greek horse is again mostly Old Glory, with the foot a mix of Old Glory and Chariot.

Personal logo Mrs Pumblechook Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 3:37 a.m. PST

Very nice armies!

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 9:13 a.m. PST

That's a lot of figures on the table Aaron! Very nice looking game!

HarryHotspurEsq Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 6:17 a.m. PST

WOW! Very impressive…

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.