Help support TMP

"Boxer Rebellion - 55 days at Peking" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

818 hits since 6 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

princeman Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 5:13 a.m. PST

Hi to all.
I have started to post a brief history of my Boxer Rebellion project on my blog. Please feel free to look and comment as I am eager to get feedback.
Thanks in advance,
Greg

princeman Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 5:14 a.m. PST

Sorry here is the link.
link

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 5:49 a.m. PST

Really great work going on there! Do you think you could scan your old plans and provide them as a pdf for folks wanting to do this (like me, but in 15mm)? While I know there are a ton of legation maps out there…you have already completed drawing it in "gamer-ese".

A side note, an almost boring to most story…gaming buddy (Dances with Clydesdales) has a small "town" north of his city…called Pekin. We would drive through coming and going to hobby shops in Dayton, Ohio, and talk about the 55 Days at Pekin. Could be as popular as the War of Jenkins' Ear! grin

Personal logo Dances with Clydesdales Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 6:37 a.m. PST

Very nice project. I played in a Peking game a few years ago, great fun. Good luck with you project, looking forward to see how it plays.

I'm going to build the terrain for Pekin yet ;)

War In 15MM06 Jan 2013 6:58 a.m. PST

Great project. I will follow your progress. Richard

Generalstoner49 Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 7:25 a.m. PST

Awesome. What make are your figures?

Old Jarhead06 Jan 2013 8:57 a.m. PST

Incredible!!!!

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 11:32 a.m. PST

Very impressive – the Boxer Rebellion is one of my favourite colonial/late Imperial conflicts

I have many of the same figs as you – but to be honest your paint jobs look better! I painted my Chinese infantry without the crest on their chest and my Japanese infantry with blue pants

Particularly like your terrain – look forward to further posts!

princeman Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 2:04 p.m. PST

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. I forgot to mention that this is in 25mm. Most of the figures are Foundry, Old
Glory, Frontier and anew others.
More to follow soon.
Greg

spontoon Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 4:04 p.m. PST

I've always felt it was one of those " Europeans win if the ammunition holds out". sort of games. Rather like Zulu wars.

Jschlosser Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 12:45 p.m. PST

wow.. can't wait to see how this turns out!

sjwalker3808 Jan 2013 12:28 p.m. PST

I understand that Blue Moon are planning a 15mm Boxer Rebellion (& other colonial) range for release in 2013?

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.