Help support TMP

"Photo issue with Blogger" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

356 hits since 6 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Chocolate Fezian Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 5:01 a.m. PST

Blogger has stopped letting me upload photos from my computer. Anyone else noticed this or is it just me.
Cheers

MajorB06 Jan 2013 5:02 a.m. PST

Other people have experienced this. I believe it's something to do with having filled your space quota?

freewargamesrules06 Jan 2013 5:09 a.m. PST

Correct Up to 1 GB of total storage.

If I recall correctly all photos are stored in picasa web so you need to delete photos from there.

freewargamesrules06 Jan 2013 5:11 a.m. PST

Another way to do it is to keep all photos under 800 pixels in size as they don't count too 1gb limit.

Chocolate Fezian Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 5:13 a.m. PST

Thanks for the info
I'll see if I can delete some photos

Personal logo Der Alte Fritz Sponsoring Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 6:56 a.m. PST

I think that there is also a way to "buy" more storage space, but I don't recall how it is done.

Fire at Will06 Jan 2013 12:28 p.m. PST

There is also a rule that pictures under a certain size don't count and a larger limit for Google+ users. Have a hunt through earlier threads.

TamsinP Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 1:46 p.m. PST

As someone else has said, pictures up to 800x800 pixels don't count towards the 1GB storage limit (2000x2000 pixels for Google+ users?). I seem to recall that there is also a limit on number of pictures per album, although I don't know if pics up to the sizes mentioned count towards that limit or not.

You can buy additional storage on Picasa, although I don't know how much it costs.

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 2:22 p.m. PST

I resize all mine to 800 x 600..I imagine many people don't. I also pay for imageshack where I have 50 GB of storage..150 pages of pics has , so far ,only used up 5.5 GB

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.