Help support TMP

"15mm weekend EXTREME sculpting challenge!" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

628 hits since 5 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Dropzonetoe Supporting Member of TMP Fezian05 Jan 2013 6:44 a.m. PST

I propose for this weekend only 48 hours* to SCULPT and PAINT a single whatever in 15mm;

Blob monsters ✓
Mutants ✓
Aliens ✓
Plant, mineral, or biological ✓
savage or civilized ✓

Whatever you can make and paint out of your own ability!

Oh and for fun I will send a MYSTERY 5 man squad of random 15mm scifi troops to the crowd decided winner.

I will give to next weekend for all the kudos to come in before deciding on who wins.

And remember this is EXTREME so don't hold back!
DZT.

* I know timezones give some people less or more time so honestly get it in sometime by at least Monday midday US eastern and we'll call it good!

Rodrick Campbell Sponsoring Member of TMP Fezian05 Jan 2013 7:55 a.m. PST

Really fun idea. Unfortunately painting something I sculpt is not an option. Messes with being able to have it molded.

Kyn ell05 Jan 2013 2:26 p.m. PST

I too would like to have a go but I have to get 5 sculpts done and finished by early next week, so i won't have time (got some terrain to finish as well, and some minis….)
I do look forward to see what others come up with!

sluppy Inactive Member05 Jan 2013 4:49 p.m. PST

I'll take up your challenge, DZT.

Personal logo Dropzonetoe Supporting Member of TMP Fezian06 Jan 2013 8:35 a.m. PST

Glad to have you aboard Jeff!

While I cannot win I wanted to show off my WIP.

picture

All the bulk was done yesterday and now all the shaving, scraping and detailing today!

28mmMan Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 8:46 a.m. PST

Oooooo shiny!

Personal logo Dropzonetoe Supporting Member of TMP Fezian06 Jan 2013 10:42 a.m. PST

Thanks, I was a bit nervous showing that rough of an image. and taking macro shots just exemplifies things that need a lot of work.

sluppy Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 2:09 p.m. PST

Nice work, DZT. Look forward to seeing it complete.

My entry:

The Slime Cow

Long considered a nuisance on Artcurus, the Slime Cow was a frequent visitor to the refuse dumps and ghettos of the colony world. This pest eventually became a boon to the colony as it's meat is now exported to diners in three sectors under the trade name "Arcturian Angus".

I'm too slow at sculpting humanoids (especially with the Seahawks/Redskins game coming on in a few minutes), so I tackled something non-terrestrial. I got to use up some old pro-create as well as some colors I don't normally use.

Personal logo Dropzonetoe Supporting Member of TMP Fezian07 Jan 2013 3:50 p.m. PST

Jeff,

Great work! Glad to see someone take on the challenge!!!

Seems your the winner by default – Shoot me a email at dropzonetoe@gmail.com with your mailing address.

I just had a 12 1/2 hour work day so I will not be posting pic's tonight of my stuff but I will post later!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.