Help support TMP

"Anyone recieved Pro Gloria pikemen yet." Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Renaissance Product Reviews Message Board

770 hits since 4 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

whiterose04 Jan 2013 12:05 p.m. PST

Ordered a regiment of pro gloria's new landsknecht pikemen in early December.On their web sight they said they would be ready to go on 12th December but i havent got them yet.
Im not complaining yet but wondered if anyone else had ordered them and has not recieved them yet.

eoschmitz Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 1:24 p.m. PST

I just received mine this week, and I had ordered in late November. I am very pleased with them, and hope the line continues to grow.

xxxxxx04 Jan 2013 2:53 p.m. PST

I received the standing and the advancing regiment packs. Quite impressive. I believe I ordered them in November and received them about two weeks ago.

Puster Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 5:36 p.m. PST

I got my regiments two weeks ago (in Germany) – they were sent out on schedule. If yours have not arrived something went wrong. You should contact them on the issue.

Malatesta1500 Inactive Member05 Jan 2013 7:25 a.m. PST

I got mine before Christmas, they are excellent figures and will go really well with the Old Foundry Landsknechts

jedburgh06 Jan 2013 7:48 a.m. PST

Arrived in UK on Xmas eve -great figures.

whiterose06 Jan 2013 12:47 p.m. PST

Thanks everyone.It seems when i placed my order for some reason it never checked out, so i am relieved as i know they are not lost in post.
Sounds like they are as nice as they look by your responses.
One question though: Do you think they will blend in with Artizan designs Landsknechts as i have 16 of their standing pikemen already.

xxxxxx06 Jan 2013 3:36 p.m. PST

Whiterose, Sorry for the blurry picture. I took it in my basement after grabbing an Artizan and Pro gloria Landsknecht. Anyway, the Artizan figure (on the left) is somewhat more substantial:

picture

I could not locate my "crate" of Foundry Landsknechts (in the middle of house renovations), but I would tend to agree with Malatesta 1500, that Foundry and Pro Gloria would probably mix in well.

Hope this helps.

John

whiterose07 Jan 2013 3:04 a.m. PST

Certainly does help, many thanks for taking the time to provide the photo John.
The progloria landsknechts really do look like foundry's old landsknechts which is no bad thing.

Thanks
Chris

Puster Supporting Member of TMP10 Jan 2013 2:41 p.m. PST

At their Facebook-page Pro Gloria published a green of their first armoured horse. :-)

xxxxxx10 Jan 2013 3:58 p.m. PST

At their Facebook-page Pro Gloria published a green of their first armoured horse. :-)

And Pro Gloria keeps me looking at their FB page with the promise of 11 more horses to be displayed! In a way I am glad that I have not really started painting my early 16th century miniatures. Now I can buy more gendarmes for variety.

I hope the Pro Gloria Gendarmes will be compatible with the Foundry Gendarmes so we can mix and match the horses, etc.

Puster Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2013 9:43 a.m. PST

>I hope the Pro Gloria Gendarmes will be compatible with the Foundry Gendarmes

Seconded, as that would mean that also their Gensdarmes fit upon the Perry plastic horses – which would yield a good mix and match for heavy Gensdarmes.

If only Eurekas would be larger…

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.