Help support TMP

"Falklands project finished" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Modern Discussion Message Board

713 hits since 4 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

benito Inactive Member04 Jan 2013 6:41 a.m. PST

Dear all,

I have just finished my project about the Falklands in 15mm (table, scenics, para, Argentinians and vehicles). See them all on my blog : paniquedanslavitrine.com (click on the "Falklands – Malouines" tag/label to see older posts).

I'm now finishing the play-testing of an homemade specific set of rules.

I hope you will enjoy the results.

Kind regards,

Benoit – from Belgium

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 6:54 a.m. PST

Wow, great work! Love the use of the MJ Figures range. I am using them for my Falklands War project. While there are some inconsistencies in the figures (in terms of height and heft), I still really like their style.

I also like the terrain you have created. Clean, yet stylish.

Too bad Card Models seems to have disappeared. I would have liked to purchased some of their Falklands paper buildings. Good thing TimeCast is out there!

Again, nicely done!

Prince Alberts Revenge04 Jan 2013 7:40 a.m. PST

Very nice! I have a heap of 15mm Falklands from MJ. I really like the figures, even if they are a tad "crude". They are easy to paint and once painted look superb. Tempted by the new Pendraken range in 10mm…

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 9:50 a.m. PST

I love the Pendraken figures, and considered selling my MJ ones…but I do not like the pack composition that Pendraken has. Ten of the same type figure is far more than I need, and considering what I already have for MJ, to replicate that with Pendraken would require A LOT of the same figure.

If Pendraken had some "mixed" packs, then I might go for it. I would still mount them singly and use Force on Force with the same sized bas I use for the 15mm figs, and just use the suggested color markings to denote weapons so that counbting up dice is still simple, without having to pick up figures and look to see what they are carrying. Hmmm….

Big Ian04 Jan 2013 1:14 p.m. PST

Really nice paint job.

Buckeye AKA Darryl, Leon at Pendraken is really great to deal with drop him an email and i am sure he will sort out your pack configuration for you.

benito Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 12:42 a.m. PST

Hi all,

Thanks for the positive comments. Glad you liked my project !

I'm VERY happy with the MJ miniatures. I really recommend them ! They are far better than the new GHQ ones (I have painted a few samples received in April).

All the best,

Benoit

Leon Minibits Sponsoring Member of TMP09 Jan 2013 3:55 a.m. PST

We can sort that out for you Buckeye / Darryl, just pop me an email and we can supply individual figures instead of packs.

Leon Pendraken Sponsoring Member of TMP09 Jan 2013 4:03 a.m. PST

I need to remember which account I'm logged in to!

benito Inactive Member10 Jan 2013 8:47 a.m. PST

They are far better than the new GHQ ones (I have painted a few samples received in April).

Ooops I mean QRF ones.

Benoit

Personal logo GeoffQRF Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Jan 2013 1:54 p.m. PST

We have recently replaced those very old figures with a .uch expanded range…

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.