Help support TMP

"15mm Sdkfz 251/9C" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the WWII Land Gallery Message Board

526 hits since 3 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

CAG 19 Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 4:52 a.m. PST

Still WIP as they haven't been based or given a final coating of dullcote yet.

Mated the PSC 251 conversion kit for the D model with a pair of existing C that were sat waiting in the production queue.

I need to find a replacement MG for the one at the back

More info as usual on the Blog
link

Abwehrschlacht03 Jan 2013 5:00 a.m. PST

Wow! Brilliant stuff!

CAG 19 Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 5:30 a.m. PST

Unfortunately not historically accurate. But as making a "proper" 251/9C is outside of my skill set this had to do.

I did fine one photo which lets me use a small amount of artistic licence.

picture

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 6:44 a.m. PST

Nice vehicle!

LeadLair76 Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 8:10 a.m. PST

Very nice indeed.

CAG 19 Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 8:27 a.m. PST

Aparantly this vehicle is a complete work of fiction on my behalf. Oh well…….Lesson identified find more than one picture :) The one I have used is a D Model but labelled incorrectly.

Personal logo Michael Hatch Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 11:12 a.m. PST

Hi Si.

Your model looks good. Maybe not accurate for 1943 but I bet a conversion like that could have happen late in the war.

Do you need another couple of MG42s for the rear AA mounts? I've got spares if you want them.

The path I took for a early production /9 in 1942.

link

This was outside of my comfort zone but I thought I would take a chance and see what would happen.

Michael in Cloverdale

CAG 19 Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 11:29 a.m. PST

Hi Michael.

Wow. That is an impressive conversion. Must admit that I had thought about going down this road but ran out of time over christmas getting things stuck together and painted. I still have 3 of the 75mm guns on the conversions sprue which I don't mind hacking about a bit to get a pair of "proper" 251/9 Cs.

Another pack or two (so probably 3!) of Halftracks are needed to finish off the company

Personal logo Michael Hatch Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 12:02 p.m. PST

Ya, I worked on this off and on for a couple of months. I was pleasantly surprised by how it turned out. I only need one and that is a good thing because I'm not sure if this was just beginner's luck or if I could do it again.

I hear you about another pack or two of halftracks. My third company will be riding in Zvezda's Opel Blitzs for the foreseeable future. I got carried away with vehicles for my Heavy Company and I ran out of APCs.

Posting today I realized I hadn't uploaded my latest pictures. Check out;
link

Let me know if you want the extra MG42s.

Michael in Cloverdale

jgibbons03 Jan 2013 6:54 p.m. PST

Awesome job!!!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.