Help support TMP

"Death Star Gun Turret platforms." Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Wars Message Board

813 hits since 3 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Johny Boy03 Jan 2013 4:18 a.m. PST

Brigade games have just put these up on their blog for release early in new year, at 15mm they should scale in just about right with the X-Wing minis.

Reasonably priced turrets that tie in well with the original look of the movie… just scroll down to 15mm bunker…

brigademodels.co.uk/Blog

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 6:45 a.m. PST

I thought the X-Wing minis were in the 6mm zone. They're certainly not 15mm sized.

Doug

Disco Joe03 Jan 2013 6:52 a.m. PST

"Brigade games have just put these up on their blog for release early in new year"

Don't you mean Brigade Models and not Brigade Games?

Personal logo nazrat Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 7:17 a.m. PST

I don't think gun turrets such as these are scale specific-- 15mm ones would look just as good as 6mm ones.

Johny Boy03 Jan 2013 8:05 a.m. PST

Sorry Brigade Models, however link takes you to the page, looking at movie shots I think the turret will be spot on against the smaller x-wing models, giving the sense of scale of the Death Star

Personal logo Tony Francis Sponsoring Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 4:22 p.m. PST

You'd have to cover over the turret roof hatches and disguise the rear door of the bunker, but I can see how it would work.

Personal logo vojvoda Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 10:07 a.m. PST

I have seen better in both paper and resin.

VR
James Mattes

Johny Boy05 Jan 2013 12:42 a.m. PST

These are only the CAD images Vojvoda, Brigade models are excellent sculpts, if unsure as to the quality, check out their latest PACFED 15mm castings on their blog, latest at top of page and then scroll down to see other examples.

link

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.