Help support TMP

"Sarissa Precision Heroic Old West Livery Stable" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Old West Message Board

606 hits since 2 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Heisler02 Jan 2013 7:15 p.m. PST

This is the last building kit on the shelf at the moment, I can hear the sighs of relief. The Livery Stable is very different from all the other kits I have built so far. I had a blast building it and I'm looking forward to painting and weathering it. This is a key building in my town of Calamity.
So here are a few pictures just to take a look at.

And of course lots more pictures of the build on my blog
link

bsrlee03 Jan 2013 6:12 a.m. PST

Put it on a plinth (raised base) with a platform front & back at wagon bed height and it would also make a very good general merchant.

Heisler03 Jan 2013 7:47 a.m. PST

That's an interesting thought. I might grab a piece of foam and see how that might look. I know that a lot of barns (although not on the family farm) in WI actually have raised stone foundations. It would be an interesting modification.

TurnStyle14 Jan 2013 10:59 p.m. PST

I'm still hemming and hawing between all of the MDF companies for a proper barn/livery…and a train station. I have a bunch of Sarissa and really like them, so I am leaning that way. Doesn't it have some interior details? I'm curious how to work the interior with that kind of roof…

Heisler16 Jan 2013 1:12 p.m. PST

Essentially the livery stable roof comes off in two sections. The narrow portion lifts on so you have access to the loft, then the loft floor lifts off so you can get into the stable portion. Its a bit tricky to build but I like the end result.
Interior detail is limited as the floor should really be dirt or straw covered but it does have individual stables for horses and the loft floor is engraved with floorboards.

I don't have one from Gamecraft so I'm not sure how their livery works, although odds are that there isn't any interior detail in that one.

TurnStyle17 Jan 2013 10:39 p.m. PST

Did you leaves the doors able to open, or just chose to glue em all shut?

Heisler12 Feb 2013 8:06 p.m. PST

On this kit the doors can be opened. At this point I decided to leave them closed. If I open the top doors its going to lock the second floor into place. The bottom floor wouldn't be a big deal and there are only a couple of spots holding them in place. Maybe I can figure out a way to hinge the loft doors.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.