Help support TMP

"The Fictional Land of Stalfeney: Cartography" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

423 hits since 1 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Jonathan J Inactive Member01 Jan 2013 2:21 p.m. PST

In 2013 I will be designing, creating and gaming the fictional Dark Age land of Stalfeney. This will be a very organic process as I develop and create the geography, history, maps, folklore, religions, iconography and conflicts of the people of this land.

We will be using the fantastic Dark Age miniatures that are currently available from many companies to represent the peoples of Stalfeney and the current plan is to use the Dux Bellorum rules for the games. After some early and high-level creation of the lore and back-story and the painting of some initial figures, we will begin a long campaign game to play out the world.

I have designed several initial maps of this land that I wanted to share. These early maps show the basic shape and physical geography of the land, the Ostlands (or regions), and the general area of settlement of the five peoples that inhabitant Stalfeney: the Thagards, the Fens, The Plyt, the Brigdhe and the Tolbhan. Details will be added to these maps as the project progresses.

You can see the maps on the blog:
link

Updates on the project will be posted regularly.

Happy New Year!
Jonathan

Justin Penwith01 Jan 2013 2:46 p.m. PST

Good luck with the campaign!

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 3:56 p.m. PST

Best of luck! Look forward to updates

Milites01 Jan 2013 4:49 p.m. PST

As a Cambridgeshire resident, my vicarious support will be for the Fennies! All the best in your new endeavour.

wminsing Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 5:32 p.m. PST

Looks like a blast!

-Will

nsolomon99 Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 6:09 p.m. PST

Sounds really interesting.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.