Help support TMP

"Stargate games " Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Clubs Message Board

Back to the SF Battle Reports Message Board

640 hits since 29 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Shark Six Three Zero Inactive Member29 Dec 2012 5:30 p.m. PST

We got together for a couple of quick games of FUBAR. We did some Stargate games and had fun with the rules.
link

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP29 Dec 2012 5:54 p.m. PST

Nice looking game! I have used Fubar for Stargate games too. I use 15mm figs though.

Thanks,

John

Rassilon Inactive Member29 Dec 2012 10:33 p.m. PST

Thanks for sharing, I've been thinking about using FUBAR for SG too for a con game, but I wasn't sure how well it would work with such small units (4 man teams).

Shark Six Three Zero Inactive Member30 Dec 2012 7:35 a.m. PST

It will work very well. Elite teams take 4 suppressions before they take a casualty. The more suppressions the more likely they will not activate and be out of the game.

Legion 430 Dec 2012 7:40 a.m. PST

Love it !!! SG was one of my favorite shows ! Great scenarios, terrain and figures ! And I'm not a zombie fan … and it shows what a "well trained, experienced combat unit" can do against slow moving dead guys ! LOL !!! Take that Rick and his amateurs on The Walking Dead ! LOL !!! thumbs up

Roosta30 Dec 2012 9:14 a.m. PST

Great game. thanks for the heads-up.I've been to the 'fubar' site and downloaded the rules.hope to give then a try out sometime this week. Paul

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP30 Dec 2012 6:41 p.m. PST

Something to keep in mind. Jaffa can use the 'rings' to appear as reinforcements. Makes for a very cool game. The Stargate yahoo group has a nice Stargate mini-campaign using rings. Very interesting.

Thanks,

John

artslave Inactive Member30 Dec 2012 9:04 p.m. PST

John has a good suggestion. I use ring platforms to bring in more Jaffa. This helps keep the SG teams working on the clock, as a typical Goa'uld character could possibly throw hundreds of fighters into the mix, but limited to what fits on a platform. I use a randomized entry unless the ring-in is to a fixed platform. (basically up to a 6 inch drift on a compass template) There are several episode that show the fixed platforms in operation. The jaffa team leader would have a signal device to lock-on for ringing out, as well.

Shark Six Three Zero Inactive Member31 Dec 2012 6:08 a.m. PST

Good catch guys, I asked the GM about rings, he hasn't painted them up yet but they are on the way. We wanted to keep the game small since we never played the rules. The GM will be running a club game in the future and he has many more figures to get on the board.

artslave Inactive Member31 Dec 2012 9:12 a.m. PST

Another detail I added was to make the ring-in cost an entire movement for a turn, so the group is exposed to counter fire. This keeps the Goa'uld player from ringing into the middle of a firefight, or using rings to just hop across the board. As the destination might scatter, there is risk of losing parts of a group or appearing in unexpected places.

Rassilon Inactive Member14 Jan 2013 10:21 p.m. PST

Did you do anything special for 'characters'? Like SG-1?

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.