Help support TMP

"Scots Grey's Cavalry" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

822 hits since 27 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo paxx88 Supporting Member of TMP27 Dec 2012 8:04 a.m. PST

Back to painting after the christmas break…here are Front Ranks Scots Greys…they look a bit festive too :0)

Flat Beer and Cold Pizza27 Dec 2012 8:39 a.m. PST

Very nice, from what I can see. I like the white background better than the black you used previously, but the pics seem to be a little blurry.

14Bore27 Dec 2012 4:38 p.m. PST

Nice looking unit. A Tripod maybe would help, or maybe some French casualties being tromped over that would help as well.

Blue Max Supporting Member of TMP28 Dec 2012 12:29 a.m. PST

Very nice unit, your basing looks very natural.

Personal logo paxx88 Supporting Member of TMP30 Dec 2012 3:50 a.m. PST

Thank you for your comments…Happy New Year to all :0)

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP30 Dec 2012 7:06 a.m. PST

Is it just me? Your painting is brilliant. Granted the photos indeed lack focus to do full justice to your work. But those horses……….. However well you paint them, (and you have) Front Rank horses do look like "My Little Pony". Those little stubby legs (and I guess the tails should be docked as well). Perry did a very limited range of Scots Greys, and all but the officer (correctly I admit) wearing bearskin covers, which is a little dull…..but at least they are riding what look like heavy cavalry horses. I see you did not use lace on the trumpeter…suspect you may be right there. Another minor thing…fill in the horses' eyes. Unless he has taken a canister blast, a horse only shows the iris and pupil! The lettering on the valise, that is clever….Toothpick application?

Mine (Perrys) are still sitting amongst my post Christmas "things to do" but back to work tomorrow……..imagine folks who are prepared to undergo surgery on New Year's Eve (seriously)

Nasty Canasta Inactive Member30 Dec 2012 3:59 p.m. PST

I turned 47 on 26 December so when the pictures were posted I was still terribly hungover…actually I was still drunk looking back on it…At any rate I did not notice any fuzziness until it was pointed about by you fellas.

I do agree with 14Bore, that some dead, wounded, or "in the process of being violently trampled" Frenchman would probably brighten most people's day and/or lend it some more excitement.

Lord Hill30 Dec 2012 4:31 p.m. PST

Lovely looking unit and some excellent painting!

r.e. deadhead

Perry did a very limited range of Scots Greys, and all but the officer (correctly I admit) wearing bearskin covers

We've been through this before on this forum Corporal John Dickson of No.5 Troop writes of his part in the charge ""I had lost the plume of my bearskin just as we went through the second infantry column; a shot had carried it away."

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.