Help support TMP

"Sabres Across the Pampas" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Media Message Board

Action Log

23 Dec 2012 3:29 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from Historical Wargaming board
  • Removed from The Old West board

483 hits since 23 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP23 Dec 2012 12:35 p.m. PST

We also had our "Wild West" Era, so… why not to know a little about this "other" Wild West?

picture

See here
link

Hope you enjoy!.

Amicalement
Armand

morrigan23 Dec 2012 3:48 p.m. PST

That looks really interesting! Is this a period you might take up Armand?

Doc Ord Supporting Member of TMP23 Dec 2012 5:44 p.m. PST

There was "western" movie based on this period made back in the 1950s or 60s but I don't remember the name or who was in it. It looks like an interesting period.

Shagnasty24 Dec 2012 9:56 a.m. PST

"Savage Pampas" starring Robert Taylor.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP24 Dec 2012 11:55 a.m. PST

Glad you had enjoy it boys.! (smile).

I love this period Morrigan. Is our "Far West" history.
Plenty of engagements, heroes from both parts, looting, attacks on stagecoaches, Indian attacks on towns, attacks on convoys of carts, kidnappings, defections (our soldiers often preferred to live with the Indians because they tried them very well), a huge amount of "melee" with always a "mano a mano" (hand to hand) combat because the Argentine soldiers prefer to used their swords over their carbines and the Indians their long "tacuaras" (spears). They were masters of the horse.
They stood up well to early XXth century when President-General Julio Argentino Roca made ​​his "desert campaign" and exterminated them.
One of the best book of my country is about this theme.
"The Martin Fierro".

The best film from that Era is from the 1940s and is called "Pampa Bárbara" (Barvarian Pampa).

Sadly, not much films from those dias in my country.

Amicalement
Armand

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.