Help support TMP

"Assault on Farewellensburg. A MAURICE AAR." Topic

2 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Websites for Wargaming Message Board

Back to the SYW Message Board

Back to the Old School Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Australian Wargaming Message Board

679 hits since 18 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

trailape Supporting Member of TMP18 Dec 2012 10:34 p.m. PST

Hi Guys
A MAURICE AAR is now posted on my BLOG:
link

The objective for me was to seize the town of Farewellenburg. My plan was rather straight forward. Break Stan's Army or take the objective.

Stan massed his horse on his left. This was also the most likely approach to the Town for me, as attacking up hill in the face of three Artillery batterys wasn't terribly appealing for me. Cavalry don't shoot and in a headlong charge at my Infantry I was confident my chaps would have the better of the confrontation. I massed my Grenadiers together with the Green Brigade to lead the attack on the right (Stan's left). My Artillery would sit behind the rough ploughed fields and support the attack on the right or aid in the defence of my left, which I decided to refuse.
My Cavalry would support the assaulting Grenadiers.

Success depended on how well my ‘Shock' troops would do. If I could crack the FSoNV Cavalry and the infantry before Farewellenburg then I stood a reasonable chance of driving the enemy from the town. If Stan was forced to bring troops from his right to sure up his left then I might batter enough of them to break his army and make capturing the actual town irrelevant.

As usual, comments welcomed.
trailape.blogspot.com.au

trailape Supporting Member of TMP21 Dec 2012 4:09 a.m. PST

I hope to get one more Maurice game in with Stan before he departs north.
Merry Christmas.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.