Help support TMP

"15mm German Buildings - 1920s" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Interwar (WWI to WWII) Message Board

379 hits since 18 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP18 Dec 2012 7:10 a.m. PST

Looking for 15mm German Freikorps era buildings, prepainted, with lift off roofs. If no lift off roofs, then at least prepainted.

I believe Orange Scenics will work, but are there others?

Thanks!

War In 15MM18 Dec 2012 8:45 a.m. PST

You might have a look at some of the HO scale buildings by European manufacturers. Some of them are really beautiful, and I think they look great with 15s. They tend to be expensive. I got mine on the "previously-owned" table at my local hobby train shop and fortunately for me they were cheap because they were in bad shape and needed a lot of recovery work. Because they were used pieces, I did not see the names of the manufacturers. I used mine in my Germany 1945 Gallery surrounded by 15mm ruins (mainly by JR Miniatures). You can see them in pics 2, 25, 31, 32, 55, and 61 at link

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP02 Jan 2013 6:41 p.m. PST

Thanks, War in 15mm. I'll take a look at some HO stuff, but I am worried they might be a tad too large. 15mm is supposed to be 1/108 scale, so going as large as 1/87 might be pushing it, or no?

By the way, you have an excellent website. Really like all the things you have worked on in 15mm!

Etranger03 Jan 2013 7:46 p.m. PST

15mm is generally considered to be 1/100. Quite a lot of nominally 1/87 HO 'European' plastic buildings are actually closer to 1/100, especially the older models.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.