Help support TMP

"Space Marines in 6th Edition" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

883 hits since 16 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Toyz n the Hood Sponsoring Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 2:58 p.m. PST

I've just put a new blog post looking at Space Marine Tactical Squads and how they work in 6th Edition.

It does give away my plans for the January Throne Of Skulls at Warhammer World so if you're thinking of going please don't read it :)

You can take a look here: –

link

Thanks!

matgc83 Inactive Member17 Dec 2012 6:31 a.m. PST

Nice ideas. I haven't noticed the GAME turn trick on the no-units-on-the-table rule.

Indeed, it would be nice to see my oponent's face after I "deploy" my entire army on reserve, as his army has some tricks that pretty much guarantee he starts the game 9 of 10 times next time he won't have anything to shoot at on turn one! :-D

Colonel Bogey17 Dec 2012 11:18 a.m. PST

Ah – so not WRG Ancients 6th Edition then?!

ordinarybass Supporting Member of TMP17 Dec 2012 1:35 p.m. PST

Interesting thoughts there. I'm not very knowledgeable about the 40k metagame, but it is nice to know that if I get my horde of RT era marines painted up (most all of them are tac marines) they will be a force to be reckoned with on the battle field!

Dan Wideman II17 Dec 2012 11:03 p.m. PST

It's almost getting to the point where anything other than marines need not show up. They've basically got all the special attributes any other army ever had (some of which were taken away for being overpowered like sustained assault and all reserve), better morale (as in they never fail now), better armor, and no more cost than a T3 4+ save model with a 12" range gun.

Toyz n the Hood Sponsoring Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 1:20 p.m. PST

I think it's about time the basic Tactical Marines were good though, it seemed that every other army was better than them although a lot of them are other Space Marine chapters – Grey Knights, Space Wolves and Blood Angels were all a lot better.

Mithmee Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 2:35 p.m. PST

"Drop Pod Assault guarantees your men turn up on the first turn which means that it's possible to keep a complete Space Marine army in reserve still."

That is not true since you need to have something on the table at the end of the turn.

If you have no units or vehicles on the table at the end of a turn you lose.

So no you can't keep your army in Reserve until the last turn and then come on the board.

WarpSpeed21 Dec 2012 9:50 p.m. PST

The value of a well rounded squad(1 special,1 heavy,8 troops ,option for veteran sergeant)has been lost for some time.Many of the new vehicles and weapon selections would have been useless in 2nd edition.The newest game has chaos kitted out with the hellbrute to replace a chaos dreadnaught,my dready would shred it.Seems like the new edition is all about introducing flyers that can be damaged in hand to hand combat…..????. No thank you GW!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.