Help support TMP

"Perry's Marshal Ney" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

Action Log

14 Dec 2012 7:37 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Changed title from "Perrys Marshal Ney" to "Perry's Marshal Ney"

723 hits since 14 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo paxx88 Supporting Member of TMP14 Dec 2012 5:53 p.m. PST

Marshal Ney hope you like…

picture

picture

HussarL14 Dec 2012 7:01 p.m. PST

Great painting, I like it! Do you have a link for larger photo?

cavcrazy14 Dec 2012 8:21 p.m. PST

Beautiful paint job, but Ney had red hair.

Showdown Inactive Member15 Dec 2012 3:50 a.m. PST

An excellent sculpt and your painting talent combine very well here. Well done.

Personal logo paxx88 Supporting Member of TMP15 Dec 2012 3:51 a.m. PST

HussarL i will try to put a link up to a larger pix.

The picture does not show it very well but he does have gingery hair…maybe i should have made it a stronger orange. was the first time i painted ginger hair. :)

Wargameshc Supporting Member of TMP15 Dec 2012 8:33 a.m. PST

Great Job….

Personal logo paxx88 Supporting Member of TMP15 Dec 2012 10:33 a.m. PST

Thanks all for your kind words…

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 11:46 a.m. PST

No, don't change the colour. Once you got to Ney's age, the hair was not so ginger nor so plentiful. The picture upon which this model is based (the Panorama at Waterloo…well, Mt St Jean anyway) shows a skinny young lad, with a full head of hair, in his mid twenties shouting "en avant". Few weeks later there are etchings of him, as a captive of the Bourbons, looking more typical of a guy in his late 40s……..better fed anyway!

If I could change anything it would be the blue of the coat. I know about scale effect etc, but it needs to be almost black to be realistic…not artistic, but realistic. Two hundred years of fading and what you see in French or Belgian museums is still very very dark blue…even for cheap infantry privates, let alone a Marechal de France.

Heck, your painting is great! He's your's and unique. All you need now is Heymes and Lavavasseur……..plus the hundreds of cuirassiers always shown in the background.

Personal logo paxx88 Supporting Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 2:36 p.m. PST

Deadhead thank you for the information really realy helpful, and the encouragement is much appreciated. i am working on the Cuirassiers now…but will be busy with them for sometime before posting pix.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.