Help support TMP

"Revelle X-Wings and such" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Wars Message Board

514 hits since 12 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo vojvoda Supporting Member of TMP12 Dec 2012 7:27 a.m. PST

Was at the FLHS this past evening and picked up almost the last of the Zip Lock bag and 5X5 inch boxes of X Wings. They had a few more Tie Advanced and X wings but I got the last of the Tie Interceptors.

I saw a kit for 20.00 buck of a large Millennium Falcon by Revelle but not scale indicated. I want to say they had a Slave One in the same size but I can not remember for sure what ship it was.

Anywhy on the way out they have about 30 Boxes of X-wings from Revelle as well, just judging from the weight I that it is a larger more detailed model but could not be sure. Anyway at $6.99 USD each I was tempted to buy one but did not at the time.

Does anyone know if they are the same scale. The ones in the tiny boxes and Zip Lock bags (MRE Size) are different SKU numbers as well. Those two are the same models just different packaging. I am considering buying a few of the kits at $7 USD bucks might be worth it.

I should add that they are both Snap kits. I have not seen larger boxed Tie fighters or Tie Advanced as of yet.

VR
James Mattes

Mako1112 Dec 2012 12:57 p.m. PST

Tiny boxes are smaller. Retail is around $13.00 USD.

Larger boxes = bigger, e.g. around 1/56 scale, supposedly, for the X-Wing. They usually retail for around $20 USD – $25. USD

Sadly, I haven't seen any of the smaller models near me.

I may end up just going with the Titaniums I have now, since they are about spot on to 2x the size of the FFG fighters, so good for games on a 6' x 6' table, or larger.

I think the bigger fighters would be more impressive at conventions, for gaming.

Personal logo vojvoda Supporting Member of TMP12 Dec 2012 1:22 p.m. PST

Well I found a video of the larger kit on line. They are big! I would offer to get the smaller ones for you but I got the last of the Tie Interceptors, he did have several Tie Advanced and I think about 4 X wings. Price on line is about 10 Dollars from my quick searches.

He is selling the big box for $6.99 USD and he had about 30 of them setting there but I have no idea about cost of the others Tie etc. What I have seen on line are around $20.00 USD.

I am considering buying the MF anyway as it is only $20.00 USD. I remember what the other ship was it was a B-Wing but once again no scale indicated on the box.

VR
James Mattes

Mako1112 Dec 2012 2:00 p.m. PST

Thanks for the offer James. I appreciate it.

Perhaps in the new year, if they restock some of the smaller ones, and still have them at the same price, or close to it.

How do the smaller ones compare with the Titanium fighters?

Appears to me they might be close in scale.

The Titanium minis are the following lengths:

Tie Advanced = 2 3/4" long
Tie Interceptor = 2 1/2" long
A-Wing = 2 7/8" long
B-Wing = 3 3/8" long

Don't have the others handy for measurement.

I'm thinking about going with the Action Fleet ones for the larger scale, like you, if I can find some more of the basic Tie Fighters for that, since I already have some of the other fighters. Not many, but enough for a small skirmish, or two.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.