Help support TMP

"X-Wing Wave 2 Info" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Wars Message Board

838 hits since 11 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Mako1111 Dec 2012 3:42 p.m. PST

Here's a link to videos of the new fighters and ships:

link

And there are pics of the minis, cards, reviews, etc. here:

link

Be sure to check out the Boardgamegeek link for more useful info as well.

Personal logo Parzival Supporting Member of TMP11 Dec 2012 7:36 p.m. PST

I went to the FFG site and read all about the second wave. I particularly loved this bit of intro copy for the A-Wing:

Conceived by General Dodonna, the RZ-1 A-wing interceptor proved its worth by crippling Star Destroyers during the Battle of Endor.

Well, yes, an A-wing *did* "cripple" a Star Destroyer at the Battle of Endor… by crashing into her bridge!

But, hey, a kill is a kill, right?
grin

Mako1111 Dec 2012 7:43 p.m. PST

Exactly!

Hmmm, perhaps a squadron of robotically controlled A-Wings are in order.

Sounds like the Tie Interceptors are gonna be a hot commodity, due to their performance, in addition to their looks.

Personal logo nazrat Supporting Member of TMP11 Dec 2012 8:07 p.m. PST

I think ALL of the next wave is going to sell like hotcakes. It sounds as if all the ships are going to add a lot of new flash to the game. And I haven't come close to tiring of the game as it is now!

Mako1111 Dec 2012 8:54 p.m. PST

Yep, definitely a good mix of unique maneuvering, weapons, and tactics to keep life interesting for awhile.

Looking forward to the B-Wing and Tie Defender releases too, which will hopefully be forthcoming.

If not, I'll just make up my own stats, and use Titanium fighters for those battles.

Rassilon Inactive Member11 Dec 2012 10:34 p.m. PST

thumbs up Parzival! grin

vojvoda Inactive Member12 Dec 2012 6:19 a.m. PST

Perfect time to post this I just finished my Revelle buy of 6 X wings, 3 Tie Advanced and 3 Tie Interceptors. All for under five bucks each on sale at the hobby shop. I was just going to use them for Tie Fighters as they do not make them in this scale.

This will work out very well I will print the cards today!

I did see a Millennium Falcon and another ship I can not remember right now. They also had a series of X Wings in the box that are $6.99 USD but I am not sure of the scale.

VR
James Mattes

Mako1112 Dec 2012 12:04 p.m. PST

If the box is about 5" x 8", and comes with a pilot fig, and the R2 unit (could be an R5 I guess, but I doubt it), it is approximately 1/56th scale (28mm), based upon a posting and review by another gamer.

They normally retail for around $20 USD – $25 USD bucks.

vojvoda Inactive Member12 Dec 2012 12:46 p.m. PST

I remember the other ship now. It was a B-Wing but once again no indication of scale.
VR
James Mattes

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.