Help support TMP

"Gutshot Game - Tombstone Arizona" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Old West Message Board

491 hits since 1 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

NCC1717 Supporting Member of TMP01 Dec 2012 4:49 p.m. PST

Saturday the local HMGS-South group played a game of Gutshot, with additional role-playing elements:

link

picture

Personal logo Texas Jack Supporting Member of TMP01 Dec 2012 5:01 p.m. PST

Beautiful game! Your set up is both inspiring and depressing (in that I will never have something like that!).

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I love the part of making money by betting against one of your gang. Did he tank it do you think?

TurnStyle01 Dec 2012 5:50 p.m. PST

That is absolutely marvelous looking. On the blurb there it has a lot of small incidents – were these each smaller games, or were these rolled out using tables, etc?

Sounds like you may have played several small scenarios in order to determine the success rate of each group?

jgibbons01 Dec 2012 5:50 p.m. PST

I like the street level photo!

Micman Supporting Member of TMP01 Dec 2012 6:39 p.m. PST

Nice setup.

Toshach Sponsoring Member of TMP01 Dec 2012 6:54 p.m. PST

Nice. Looks like my neighbothood. Great job. Lots of personality and lots of story potential.

NCC1717 Supporting Member of TMP01 Dec 2012 7:50 p.m. PST

"were these each smaller games, or were these rolled out using tables, etc?"

The moderator was rolling dice for the reactions of NPCs to the actions of the players. If a fight started, the Gutshot rules were used. The card game was simplified poker with one-card hands. Each faction started with a pool of cash and spent or earned based on what they did, e.g., repair a gun or pay a bribe. My faction was earning cash by threatening the merchants but had to give some to the Marshall to stay out of jail. All these things were going on each turn as the player characters were randomly activated.

Inari701 Dec 2012 9:32 p.m. PST

Rob puts on a great game, I highly recommend playing.

Personal logo Murphy Sponsoring Member of TMP02 Dec 2012 10:42 a.m. PST

Sounds like you had a blast!!!

The photos are great!…

A lot of player/character interaction I see…

dglennjr03 Dec 2012 12:40 p.m. PST

I've played Gutshot in that town before. :) I can't wait for the next game.

David G.
gamerarchitect.blogspot.com

Nasty Canasta Inactive Member08 Dec 2012 6:29 a.m. PST

Hey, it looks like that neighborhood in West Virginia I used to live in! It wasn't that modern though.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.