Help support TMP

"Blackwater Gulch rules differences? Any fun?" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Old West Message Board

455 hits since 27 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo richarDISNEY of the RDGC Supporting Member of TMP27 Nov 2012 10:05 a.m. PST

I see that you can download the PDF of the rules for free on the Blackwater Gulch Website, or you can buy the printed rules.

Is there a difference between the two?

Also how is this game? Anybody try it yet?
beer

CLDecker Supporting Member of TMP27 Nov 2012 10:55 a.m. PST

I've tried it and it is fast and fun. Not nearly as much prep work as some others so historical accuracy is out the window. I like that it plays like a B western movie.

The printed version has additional rules for other character types among other stuff I think, I'm waiting to see the print version myself.

Necros Sponsoring Member of TMP27 Nov 2012 1:34 p.m. PST

The PDF rules are an almost exact copy of what the printed rulebook will be like. So the printed book is for if you want to save your printer ink :)

But, once the book is officially released the PDF will change to a more plain text version, less pictures, meant to be more printer-friendly. So the book will become the pretty version :)

Cadian 7th Supporting Member of TMP27 Nov 2012 2:24 p.m. PST

I liked it, but of more importance, my kids aged 8,9,10,and 11 picked it up real quick. They have not played many miniature wargames except the prepainted sort. Since they have painted the reaper cowboys and helped build the town, they should enjoy the fruits of their labors!
We haven't tried sixgun sound or gutshot yet…hopefully by the holidays.

CLDecker Supporting Member of TMP28 Nov 2012 5:33 p.m. PST

"We haven't tried sixgun sound or gutshot yet…hopefully by the holidays."

Two more good western games too.

TurnStyle30 Nov 2012 5:35 p.m. PST

I had a copy of Gutshot…and it disappeared when I inexplicably lost a whole slew of my gaming books – nowhere to be found. :( I may need to order another copy.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.