Help support TMP

"Scibor Marines. 28mm?? Seriously???" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

1,071 hits since 25 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Eclipsing Binaries25 Nov 2012 5:50 a.m. PST

I just spent some cash on a Scibor resin marine figure off ebay. It's supposed to be 28mm and I was under the impression that it would be compatible with GWs figures. It's huge. I mean HUGE. from base of foot a standard GW marine comes up to the Scibor figures armpit.

Are all Scibors figures this size or did I get a big one?

Chief Lackey Rich Supporting Member of TMP Fezian25 Nov 2012 6:13 a.m. PST

I've only seen three of their models in person, but they were all bigger than anything I'd call 28mm. Then again, they were all "character" types, which often get some scale creep built in, and none were quite as huge as you're describing.

Jovian1 Inactive Member25 Nov 2012 7:07 a.m. PST

Yes they are very big. Not as big as Angron though.

Eclipsing Binaries25 Nov 2012 9:43 a.m. PST

I'll post a picture when I get the camera back.

matgc83 Inactive Member25 Nov 2012 11:10 a.m. PST

They are scaled to be primarchs – considerably taller than a regular space marine.

Personal logo SgtPerry Supporting Member of TMP25 Nov 2012 12:59 p.m. PST

There are some pictures here :

link

I agree with matgc83 about their Primarch-proxy status.

punkrabbitt returns25 Nov 2012 2:36 p.m. PST

Scibor are "true-scale" 28mm Space Marines, properly sized against GW Imperial Guard. Space Marines should be 8 feet tall if not more, the GW models are far too small to match the fluff.

Valator26 Nov 2012 10:54 p.m. PST

Warrior has the truth-scale of it.

AndrewGPaul27 Nov 2012 4:01 a.m. PST

No he doesn't; Space Marines should be seven feet in their armour. At least, they were until the hacks writing Horus Heresy novels got carried away. grin

streetline27 Nov 2012 5:37 a.m. PST

To reduce the power of the Astartes legions post heresy, the council of Terra ordered their armour to be made a foot smaller. Did you not know? It's scale creep in reverse….

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.