Help support TMP

"Amera launch industrial piping sections for 28mm" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Dioramas Message Board

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

Back to the Websites for Wargaming Message Board

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the 28mm Sci-Fi Message Board

696 hits since 24 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Amera Plastic Mouldings Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member24 Nov 2012 6:46 a.m. PST

Amera are proud to announce launch of 2 new products. Straight and corner sections of industrial piping to enhance your urban battles. The pipe is supplied in 2 halves with 2 optional supports. Simple trimming from the moulding is required and comes with detailed instructions. The pipes can be combined to form various configurations and also be used to enhance buildings, such as the factory Z233 and the industrial building Z253. Figures (not included) courtesy of Mantic Games.com. dimensions on site price £3.50 GBP. note supplied unpainted, examples shown made and painted

link direct link to phto of corner pipe

picture

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP24 Nov 2012 7:12 a.m. PST

It would be nice to buy at the very least a Supporting Membership, and you know, PAY for advertising.

Caesar24 Nov 2012 7:34 a.m. PST

Now, now.

Chief Lackey Rich Supporting Member of TMP Fezian24 Nov 2012 7:41 a.m. PST

Great idea, John. Let's discourage unpaid members from submitting news threads to the forums. That'll certainly make TMP better.

Thank you, Amera. Nice to know.

dglennjr24 Nov 2012 7:42 a.m. PST

I'd like to see someone come out with terrain accessories/details that are compatible with standard pvc pipes in the various diameters (1/2", 3/4", and 1" for starters). Things like fittings, valves, pipe banding, rivet strips, access hatches, supports, add-on's, and etc.

This would be similar to other things I've seen such as terrain pieces/details that were compatible with pringle cans, soda cans, and etc.

Amera, if you run with my idea, I'd like to be the first to get a free set of the terrain pieces. lol.

David G
gamerarchitect.blogspot.com

Chief Lackey Rich Supporting Member of TMP Fezian24 Nov 2012 7:45 a.m. PST

The problem there is that PVC pipes come in a lot of different size, and anything that fit one size well won't work on others. I suppose you could pick one or two diameters and work with just those, but you'd never be able to cover everything.

Amera Plastic Mouldings Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member24 Nov 2012 9:00 a.m. PST

Thanks for the suggestions David G, Andrew who designs and owns Amera is always welcome to ideas, and I will also pass on your details, if we make things from peoples suggestions, we do send freebies! There have been a few great suggestions from other forum users in the past we've used, for example our recent lunarscape. Just to reassure on posting this items, I have permission to post on the site from the Editor here at TMP, agreed back in May when we joined. As a small UK business we always seek permission to post, as we rely on word of mouth to let people know about our products. We do want to add value to the forum e.g give painting advice for general terrain questions, as well as letting you know of new products. We share pictures our customers have taken of our products painted on our facebook page at link if useful for inspiration and TMP users in the past have happily featured. I do appreciate the comment about being a supporting member John, so I have just donated to become an upgraded member today. regards and thanks for the responses Jane from Amera

Personal logo Dentatus Supporting Member of TMP Fezian24 Nov 2012 11:10 a.m. PST

Those are nice. Thanks, Amera.

dampfpanzerwagon Fezian24 Nov 2012 12:30 p.m. PST

Welcome new product and I for one (as a regular forum reader do nit mind the odd advert.

Tony

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP24 Nov 2012 9:40 p.m. PST

I withdraw my earlier whine. grin

John Treadaway25 Nov 2012 1:58 p.m. PST

These are nice.

The point about making vac-formed components to enhance existing pipe is a good one, though. The question would always be how could they be made suitably 'universal' to fit a few different metric and imperial sizes of pipe.

Then, supports to lay the pipe in plus joints, valves and so forth woudlbe highly cost effective.

John T

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.