Help support TMP

"How About Some NON-Endoskeletons For 15mm?" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Sculpting Message Board

Back to the Conversions Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

918 hits since 21 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2012 12:56 p.m. PST

I mean, why bother making large endos when the final product "infiltrators" are all going to look like bodybuilders. How are they going to infiltrate, really?

Anyway, that's not the question I wanted to raise . . .

Q- Aside from "infiltrators" with cloned skin on them, has anyone thought of making slightly-taller-than-human machines that will not be endos (are not destined to be a skeletal frame)?

Check out the one on the FAR LEFT, to see what I mean:

picture

link

A) Since they are not meant to be skeletal frames for anything, they really wouldn't need to adhere to normal human design or proportions, though human-made tunnels and ruins would necessitate some sort of maximum size limit for these hunters, right?

B) And weaponry could be integrated into their design too:

picture

YouTube link

Another example of integrated weaponry:

link

So, what do you think?

Dan
TMP link
TMP link

punkrabbitt returns21 Nov 2012 1:15 p.m. PST

I think the super battle droids of the Star Wars prequels suit your needs, I don't recall seeing any in 15mm. Micro-Machines, maybe?

Lee John Ayre Inactive Member22 Nov 2012 3:57 a.m. PST

How about the Praesentia Phase Shifters from Critical Mass Games ?

link

Panzergruppe Inactive Member25 Nov 2012 2:26 a.m. PST

Rebel miniatures make some. I painted up about 60 of them for a friend 6 months ago, at first I thought they looked rubbish, especially when I looked at the pics on Rebels webpage, but once I got the lot painted they looked very smart. One pack were armed with various light combat rifles and a second pack had heavy weapons like rocket launchers etc. I mounted them on small washers, based with very fine sand and PVA, followed up with a flat black undercoat and a chrome silver drybrush. Final details were picked out like red for the eyes and some gun metal on the weapons. The models painted up quite quickly and a subtle silver dry brushing looks far better than a heavy handed approach. Sorry I cant post any pics as we are not talking to each other any more.

keeper Nilbog25 Nov 2012 6:36 a.m. PST

Also look at the 'Star Wars/Clone Wars risk' – has loads of Battledroids in it

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP25 Nov 2012 7:26 p.m. PST

Panzergruppe,

Rebel does?

By the way, when I say NON-endoskeletons, I do mean NOT meant to be or look like artificial skeletons.

Dan

keeper Nilbog26 Nov 2012 5:24 a.m. PST

Think the Rebel range Panzergruppe means are the 'Scourge' (?)

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP26 Nov 2012 9:01 a.m. PST

Ah. But the Scourge do look like endoskeletons.

Dan

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.