Help support TMP

"8 and 9 Star Wars Writers--An Old Friend Returns!" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Media Message Board

511 hits since 21 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

CPBelt21 Nov 2012 7:02 a.m. PST

link

"Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg have closed deals to write installments of the new Star Wars trilogy, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The pair will write either Episode VIII or Episode IX -- their exact division of responsibilities is yet to be determined -- and also will come aboard to produce the films."

#7 was also announced but I forget who is doing it. I like that it will jump ahead in time 35 years with the main characters their current age. Interesting to see what they do with it to reboot the franchise.

It seems they are hiring some heavy weight writers and staff for these films. I'm getting excited that they might harken back to the good old days of New Hope and Empire, while totally forgetting the prequels or Clone Wars ever existed.

Personal logo richarDISNEY of the RDGC Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member21 Nov 2012 8:21 a.m. PST

#7 will be written by the guy who wrote Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine.
Not exactly what I would call a "Star Wars potential" writer, but hey, The Mouse and Ms. Kennedy isn't stupid… Just look at her track record!
beer

Personal logo Parzival Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2012 9:53 a.m. PST

Lawrence Kasdan!

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

At last, a screenwriter worth the title.

The Empire Strikes Back
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Silverado
and, just for the OFM, Body Heat

Can't beat those credits. He knows the material, he knows the genre, he knows action scenes and he knows how to write memorable lines. And he sure as shootin' ain't going to be sticking in anything like Jar-Jar Binks.

The Force may well be with these films.

Sargonarhes24 Nov 2012 10:38 a.m. PST

Sadly they can't get TESB director back. But Irvin Kershner died two years too soon for this.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.