Help support TMP

"Compiling a list of stores with gift vouchers available" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Industry Message Board

329 hits since 15 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP15 Nov 2012 3:33 p.m. PST

Hello,

Last year, as Xmas approached, when asked for a list of gift ideas, I told my extended family (parents/brothers) that contributions to my "hobby fund" would be appreciated. I also included things like books, DVDs, CDs, and even some clothes just to balance it and look like a normal person.

As it turns out, no one contributed to the hobby fund, presumably because they wanted to either actually buy something or at least give a gift card to somewhere specific, rather than just hand me cash or cheques. Since some of my gifts last year were booze, I'm presuming they weren't worried I'd spend the money on the fast life. And they aren't savvy enough in my hobbies to go out and buy toys for me, other than things like Dremel bits.

So with that long preamble, I'm interested in what online retailers/manufacturers have a gift card/certficiate/voucher system set up that I could pass on for this year (I just got asked for my Xmas list yesterday)?

I'd like to generate a list of everyone who does it, I can parse it down later to those that interest me. I also thought a full list of places would help others too.

To start the list:
- Brigade Models (UK) just announced they do it (and I do a lot of shopping there, so it's a good start!)

Thanks,
Chris

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP15 Nov 2012 4:26 p.m. PST

I am adding Gift Certs, they will be on the site next week…

Scale Creep Miniatures
ScaleCreep.com

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP15 Nov 2012 4:28 p.m. PST

Cool, I've bought from you before too!

Steve Johnson15 Nov 2012 5:29 p.m. PST

The War Store has them.

Doug MSC Sponsoring Member of TMP16 Nov 2012 5:34 a.m. PST

We,ve had gift certificates available for years. Miniature Service Center (40mm Trident Designs)

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP17 Nov 2012 6:33 a.m. PST

We have gift certificates too. We have quite a few customers that buy them around holiday time.

Personal logo Fergal Sponsoring Member of TMP17 Nov 2012 10:56 a.m. PST

Thanks for the topic! I have been planning on adding them for a while, but it had totally slipped off my radar!

Added Gift Certificats (vouchers) for Crossover Miniatures,
link

A word to shop owners, please make sure your gift certificates are easy to use and FIND! I am a grown man who still likes toys for Christmas, and many times sites have them hidden or very hard to use for spouses or parents. Numerous times, I've sent links to family members only to have them say they couldn't figure out how to order them, so no hobby gifts for me. Gamers will go the extra mile to figure it out, spouses and older parents won't.

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP17 Nov 2012 8:43 p.m. PST

Great, thanks for the additional sites everyone, hopefully more chime in, but I certainly have a starting point.

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP21 Nov 2012 7:48 a.m. PST

Peter Pig does too. We send a small card with a unique shopping cart code. If its really last minute we can email the code after payment and you write that in your own card for the recipient.

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP28 Nov 2012 10:17 a.m. PST

Thanks Martin, great to hear.

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP07 Dec 2012 7:51 a.m. PST

FYI, Gamecraft Miniatures now also has them.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.