Help support TMP

"Do zombies "wander off" like elderly Senators?" Topic

15 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Zombies Message Board

787 hits since 13 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 11:36 a.m. PST

Is it a valid tactic to just pretend they are not there?

Farstar Inactive Member13 Nov 2012 12:05 p.m. PST

That is probably dependent on the cause of zombification and the resultant lifespan of an individual zombie. The brain hunger may be a temporary thing on the order of days or weeks, or it may never go away. Similarly the zombie itself may only last until the processes of decay set in (or when all those fly maggots hatch and reduce the coherent muscle mass by half in a matter of a few days), or until the lack of sustenance (of whatever sort) causes the zombie's hunger to internalize.

Necromantic Zombies are both longer lasting and less hungry (if at all), so imprecise direction could cause them to wander a bit.

Lonnie Mullins13 Nov 2012 12:09 p.m. PST

I've always thought that zombies were attracted to movement and sound. In the absence of either of those two stimuli, sure, they'd wander off (like elderly Senators). Of course, once they hear a noise, like the sound of a checkbook being drawn out of ones coat to make a campaign contribution or a lobyist offering to pick up the tab just for listening to what he has to say, the zombie/elderly Senator is right back on track and looking for a kill.

kreoseus213 Nov 2012 12:25 p.m. PST

you rarely see attempts to trick/divert the walkers, except the fireworks used in some of the "dead" movies.

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 12:26 p.m. PST

So, do elderly zombie Senators enjoy filet-busters?

flicking wargamer13 Nov 2012 12:31 p.m. PST

According to the Zombie Handbook, a zombie lacking a proper diet has the ability to sort of go into a hiberation like state. You see this in The Walking Dead when Rick rides into Atlanta and the zombies start to react to his presence.

Also in the handbook, a zombie can plan to last anywhere from a few months to a couple of years depending on weather, temperatures, feeding patterns and climate.

There is a nice chart in the book that shows the nutritional needs of a zombie. While a brain does provide a lot of what they need, the consumption of flesh and blood does help keep the virus in charge and thus the body animated.

Solzhenitsyn13 Nov 2012 12:32 p.m. PST

I thought most of the members of the Senate were mindless zombies.

Mako1113 Nov 2012 1:47 p.m. PST

You are correct.

Personal logo FingerandToeGlenn Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 3:52 p.m. PST

The primary difference is that elderly senators will always home on a camera. Wave a steadicam in front of a pack of elderly senators then throw it into a pack of zombies. Bring popcorn and Milk Duds.

Baconfat13 Nov 2012 5:37 p.m. PST

I was under the impression they wander up with other zombies and form continually larger mobs.

optional field13 Nov 2012 5:53 p.m. PST

Zombies are attracted to humans brains, but senators seem repelled by them so I would think no there isn't much correlation between zombie and senate behavior…

Mako1113 Nov 2012 6:51 p.m. PST

Senators are attracted by money, or the smell of it, so are easily trapped, and frequently brought down…..

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP28 Dec 2012 12:47 p.m. PST

Solzhenitsyn for the win!

Ark3nubis28 Dec 2012 3:11 p.m. PST

I would put one vote for 'optional field'

Personal logo vojvoda Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member30 Dec 2012 4:56 a.m. PST

I totally disagree. Everyone knows that Senators are really just Blood Sucking Vampires.

VR
James Mattes

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.